New Brand of Tuning Machines

Thanks for posting that Chuck, I am anxious to give them a try as I am all about light weight, geared tuners with a low gear ratio. I have installed over 100 sets of PegHeds, and love them except for the price and difficulty in installing them.
Bradford

PM me Brad and I'll send them along to you. I doubt if I'll use them.

Mahalo Chuck, PM sent. I have an Engelmann spruce/koa body concert well on the way and can put them on it. Will keep the group informed of how they work.
Bradford

I was wrong about the size of the mounting plate, it will fit my Fluke. They sent me this schematic. I'm going to NAMM Sunday and will stop by their booth.

RatioUkeMeasurements.jpg

9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 8 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 33)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video[/IMG]

Last edited:
Teri and Curt bring up an important point: One big disadvantage of Gotoh UPT, to me, is that you have to do some reaming to install them, and that you still see the screw holes from previously installed geared tuners. Will these new Graphtech tuners slip right into place without drilling a bigger hole, and will the cap cover previous screw holes? If they do, they are a huge improvement over Gotoh. Otherwise, they are just a less expensive version of them. Ok, they are also lighter which will result in an instrument that has a lower center of gravity, but may also be adverse to sustain.

The thing about weight is it's easy to add, but much harder to take away.

The thing about weight is it's easy to add, but much harder to take away.

Are we talking about all those failed New Year's resolutions? :D

Are we talking about all those failed New Year's resolutions? :D

LOL - this reminds me that I recently saw a stand-up comedian on YouTube that said:

"Sunday is the day for eating until you are in pain"

I was wrong about the size of the mounting plate, it will fit my Fluke. They sent me this schematic. I'm going to NAMM Sunday and will stop by their booth.

RatioUkeMeasurements.jpg

9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 8 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 33)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video[/IMG]

Can't wait until we get some confirmation on which models these can be drop in replacements for.
If the consensus ends up being that these are good, then I might consider putting them on my Ohana SK-25S.

Last edited:
I'm sure the price is for a complete set. Compare that to the larger Gotoh tuners which cost three times that price. Gotohs also require an enlarging of the tuner hole - not an ideal situation. I bet they'll have trouble keeping up with demand if they are as good as the video implies.

I just ordered a couple more sets of the Der Jung planetary tuners US$47.00 a set delivered. I'll stick with these for now. Not sure if I could live with the size of the backplate on the Graph tecs. I guess I will have to buy a set at some point to see for myself.

Top Bottom