Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 362 - Travelling with the Wilburys

paoriginal written for season 362

Bob Dylan, from Blonde on Blonde.

Duplicated post. D’Oh!

Hi, Mads! I recorded this at the beginning of the week, but wasn't happy with it as I was losing my voice. However, as I have now COMPLETELY lost my voice, so there is no chance of re-recording it, I decided to go with it anyway. I have heard this song covered in two ways - the original upbeat, rocking version done by the great ELO, and, then, a more laid-back sort of Country & Western version, which sounds rather as though it should be sung at a Revivalist meeting. Since I find it impossible to "rock", I aimed for the latter.

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." George Bernard Shaw

"Just remember, if we get caught ... you're deaf and I don't speak English."

Default Here comes the sun in a minor key

Forgive me George for I know not what I do.
    HyperBob says: Scottish steel and Irish fire, that's the weapon I desire
    My Youtube Ukulele channel
    My Youtube Gardening channel

I chose a song by Wilbury Bob. In this song, he kind of criticises himsef for having been a one-dimensional protest singer.
    Ah, but I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now!

Another day is coming to and end and soon the weekend will be here. 60 great performances so far, but keep them coming. The playlist should be fully updated.

For inspiration, then I don't think that we have heard any songs from Bob Dylans album 'Modern Times' yet. Jeff Lynnes latest albums are also worth digging into 'Alone in the Universe', 'Armchair Theatre' and 'Long Wave' (Long Wave contains covers, but they will still do). In my car I have Tom Pettys album 'Mojo' which is also a great listen.

Have a good evening / or day wherever you are.

Greetings,

Well, the best part of this vid is the wine in the dollar store glass. Hey I'd rather a cheap glass than cheap wine! Anyway I wanted to do a Tom Petty song, this is really unplugged!

Ciao

" Why am I here why do I care, what do I hope to find? Nothing here can save me from the memories in my mind” GSC

I thought I would never find a Jeff Lynne song that I could do. I've been working on this all night. I multi-tracked a little electric uke on this one. And some vocals. This album had been out for about 2 years before the first Wilburys album, but I think I bought them both right around the time that the Wilburys album came out.

The guy who made this chord sheet left out the instrumental bridge. I had to figure that part out myself.

Never mind the words, just hum along and keep on going...

YouTube UkeintheHeartofTexas

George Harrison cover.

Randy - Harry122

Thread Information