Season 362 - Travelling with the Wilburys

Hoping to post a couple of songs later today - but both will be by Jeff Lynne - is this acceptable, Mads? Pleeeeease? :)

It is weekend now, so free choice to everyone. Why not... and no limits on the last day if someone have a few they would like to do (Del) :)

It is weekend now, so free choice to everyone. Why not... and no limits on the last day if someone have a few they would like to do (Del) :)
Thank you kindly, Your Hostliness! ;)

And thank you also for pointing me in the direction of Jeff Lynne’s covers album ‘Long Wave’. I found this song there - an oldie also covered by the likes of Nat King Cole amongst others, and one that I remember singing solo to an audience of about 200 people as a 9 or 10 year old in a pantomime with a local amateur dramatics group circa 1975 or 1976! Scary stuff!

Thank you, "Mads", for a truly wonderful time this week. The "Traveling with the Wilburys" season is a delightful invitation to disappear down the rabbit hole of re-discovering and then learning old songs.I found myself thinking about Dylan playing "A Hard Rain is Gonna Fall" at the "Concert for Bangladesh" (the video of which I saw with my friend Scott as a teenager all those long months ago), and briefly considering learning that one. But, then I remembered "Behind that Locked Door" which is said to be about or for Bob - and as much as think Bob is awesome, I like George more.

As threatened, my second Jeff Lynne song - released as a single by his own group ELO in 1978. This is my fave ELO song and the second time I’ve done it for a Season.

Jazzbanjorex has now managed to get me beamed up into the ELO ufo as well, so I am singing this while drifting out into the universe.

When I Was a Boy - Jeff Lynne's ELO.

84 song on the playlist so far. Well done everyone and one day left if anyone still feel inspired by the Travelling Wilburys and their great great back catalogue of songs.

I always liked ELO - catchy tunes, whacky stage show, leggy female violinists...
But I have only come to appreciate how good Jeff Lynne is in the last few years. And trawling through latest vids shows how amazingly good he still is!
Humble genius - like George Harrison. This is my favourite song of his.

York Steve allready recorded this one this week.
And he did it for another season... and during his 365 days uke challenge.
I noticed, because two weeks ago, when we had to cover some of these 365 songs, I spend most week working on it without learning it.

I picked it up again this week, and this how far I got. Could still use some work on the bridge and outro, but the week is about to end... And this song is the complete opposite of next weeks theme, so it's now or never.

George Harrisons "Something" in Fred Sokolow arrangement:

Last minute submission here. Thrilled to have Jon Duncan adding his magic as only he can on this Bob Dylan classic "Forever Young"

And that’s it folks. Season 362 is officially closed. Thanks to everyone who participated. A wrap post to follow.

Greetings and Thanks,

I missed ALL the vids :( as my new job is so much more hectic than my old one. But many thanks to our host for the week and to all of you which I hope to be watching soon! I work for a German company, my boss is located in the Netherlands, and I am hoping to get some free trips out of this deal! Already have my first business trip coming in March to Savannah Georgia. I know it's beautiful down there!

Thanks again for hosting...
Ciao

Greetings and Thanks,

I missed ALL the vids :( as my new job is so much more hectic than my old one. But many thanks to our host for the week and to all of you which I hope to be watching soon! I work for a German company, my boss is located in the Netherlands, and I am hoping to get some free trips out of this deal! Already have my first business trip coming in March to Savannah Georgia. I know it's beautiful down there!

Thanks again for hosting...
Ciao

Best of luck with your new job, Gina! :)

Ok, time to wrap it up this season and sorry for the delay. Work and life in general has come in between me and the seasons over the last couple of weeks.

We had 88 songs in total. A great mix of originals and covers and we heard songs from both the Traveling Wilburys as a group and from the members individually. I listened to all the songs and really enjoyed the week. You guys really excelled in season 362! Nice job so thanks to everyone who participated.

You all did real brilliantly but there are a few people who I would like to give a special mention, in no particular order:

Jp - you delivered the first song of the season and it was a stunning original. That really opened the ball.
The Haberkorn family - Your version of the End of the Line was just super sweet. Great work from the girls.
Del - Thanks for bringing your 90s synth version of My Sweet Lord (with a bit of uke so it was a pass)
Kevin - Your version of Wildflowers was just such a good production. Beautiful vocals.
Gina - Thanks for re-loading your vine infused version of Breakdown - Sometimes less is more and sometimes you just need a little glass.
Bernie - Thanks for your wonderful and educational song about Wilbur Wright
Everyone who took out the banjouke/banjolele. Thanks!

To all the rest of you, too many to mention, I enjoyed every one of your songs.

Now, there can only be one winner and I did say that there would be a price! And the price is:
The Traveling Wilburys Collection on CD/DVD.

And the winner is: Alan/UkeintheHeartofTexas - your songs this season were real good and you put in an amazing effort to also cover all the artists as well as delivering an original. There was also some good vocals work in your songs which I really liked. PM me your address and the discs will be on its way from Amazon.

Once again, thanks to everyone who took part!!!

Last edited:
Thanks for inviting us to travel with you and the Wilburys, Mads - really enjoyed the journey! Well done everyone - especially our deserving winner Alan! :cool:

Top Bottom