Season 362 - Travelling with the Wilburys

Sneaked one in....Jeff Lynne in the guise of ELO "Rock and Roll is King" and on a BanjoUke....

Last one for me, I think, another Tom Petty song. I sneaked some guitar in to fill out the sound, hope that's ok.

Another great day is over and I would like to thank you all for bringing some excellent songs. There are even a lovely collaboration and a good few banjolele/banjo uses. Nice job everyone. The playlist has been updated until here.

So, here is a song from your humble host. Couldn't help but doing this one. The Risa LP was weeping for it and the strings were weeping after the more than 2 min solo at the end. Well at least I got something out of those strings before I changed them this evening. 'While My Guitar Gently Weeps' by George Harrison.

PS. I always knew the Jeff Healey cover better than the original, so my version is probably more inspired by that version.

Last edited:
I'll go ahead and follow that up so no one else will have to, but I think you'd be better off just going back and listening to mep again.

As threatened, a second Wilbury's tune with the rest of my family. End of the Line.

Had my friends Bob and Marc over tonight, and we did a quick study of this song. Here's our version. Funny that I have posted twice this week, and both times happened to post same song as folks above me :) End of the Line

Unofficial theme song with my friends Bob and Marc again. We only had time to go through it twice, this is our second take. Glad to have an excuse to learn this one!

Hi, Mads! I recorded this at the beginning of the week, but wasn't happy with it as I was losing my voice. However, as I have now COMPLETELY lost my voice, so there is no chance of re-recording it, I decided to go with it anyway. I have heard this song covered in two ways - the original upbeat, rocking version done by the great ELO, and, then, a more laid-back sort of Country & Western version, which sounds rather as though it should be sung at a Revivalist meeting. Since I find it impossible to "rock", I aimed for the latter.

I chose a song by Wilbury Bob. In this song, he kind of criticises himsef for having been a one-dimensional protest singer.
Ah, but I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now!

Another day is coming to and end and soon the weekend will be here. 60 great performances so far, but keep them coming. The playlist should be fully updated.

For inspiration, then I don't think that we have heard any songs from Bob Dylans album 'Modern Times' yet. Jeff Lynnes latest albums are also worth digging into 'Alone in the Universe', 'Armchair Theatre' and 'Long Wave' (Long Wave contains covers, but they will still do). In my car I have Tom Pettys album 'Mojo' which is also a great listen.

Have a good evening / or day wherever you are.

Greetings,

Well, the best part of this vid is the wine in the dollar store glass. Hey I'd rather a cheap glass than cheap wine! Anyway I wanted to do a Tom Petty song, this is really unplugged!

Ciao

I thought I would never find a Jeff Lynne song that I could do. I've been working on this all night. I multi-tracked a little electric uke on this one. And some vocals. This album had been out for about 2 years before the first Wilburys album, but I think I bought them both right around the time that the Wilburys album came out.

The guy who made this chord sheet left out the instrumental bridge. I had to figure that part out myself.

Top Bottom