Season 362 - Travelling with the Wilburys

This song has particular significance for me because, way, way back in the late 80s, I busked this song on the London Underground, Charing Cross to be precise. I learned to play this, and Walk Right Back, The Everley’s song, reasonably well, then I found my spot, took out my beautiful and much missed cherry red Ovation Glen Campbell, and sang, alternating between the two songs. I figured that as most of my audience would simply walk on by, I could just sing two songs :D. Anyway, I didn’t make much, just enough to cover my fare home, because I wasn’t there long before I was told to clear off by a London Underground employee. This video also features the Tee I won from Season 359. Thanks Del :cool:

A Dylan...One more cup of coffee.Some 3rd position harp.Song in Dm and a C harp.(for fellow suckers and blowers)

Ahoy
Here is a 'Dylan' song from his first album - so, it's actually traditional song (like most songs on that album) but it's on a Dylan album.
I am going to London for the rest of the week so unless I find time to record another song today then I will have to enjoy this season through youtube from afar.
This is my rendition of In My Time of Dyin'

...I wasn’t there long before I was told to clear off by a London Underground employee.
Probably sick of hearing the same two songs over and over and over again! ;)

This video also features the Tee I won from Season 359. Thanks Del :cool:
You're welcome, mate - thoroughly deserved! But now I can't get 'My Little Drum Machine' out of my head! :)

Tom Petty recorded this Lucinda Williams song for the soundtrack of "She's the One." One of the most powerful 2.5-chord songs I can recall.

Wildflowers

This might be my last one of the week. Tom Petty's "Wildflowers", on the Ukulele Strumstick.

- FiL

Great Theme MEP1, thanks for hosting! Looks like FiL had same song idea and beat me to it here :)

Greetings,

Got a little Dylan song "It Ain't Me Babe". This one was covered by a bunch of people including the Turtles. I never knew he wrote it (my bad). Here goes....I think (hope) I am improving on mixing. I have to little time to record but still have to squeeze it in.

Ciao

Lead off track from Roy Orbison's last studio album, I got some help from Linda on this one.
I'm posting a couple of hours early for my Wednesday entry, hope that's ok.

Great stuff guys and now girls as well. Some really high quality covers and originals. Well done so far and it is only Tuesday evening here in Essex, England. The playlist should be updated up until this post.

I’ve been absent for a month now, other than hosting a couple of seasons back. Couldn’t miss playing a George Harrison song though. Crank up the Way Back Machine for this one; it’s the 2nd song he wrote for the Beatles.

Thanks for hosting. Great idea for a season.

This is a Jeff Lynne song from the Electric Light Orchestra that I've been wanting to learn for years.

Cool Dry Place - The Traveling Wilburys

This is a song off their second album, Volume 3, in which Tom Petty takes the lead. This one seemed particularly fitting for me this week. I had to convert my lil uke nook back into multi-use space over the weekend, which also meant I had to move all kinds of stuff around. I don't have as many things as Petty mentions in the lyrics, but a project like that really makes you realize how much stuff you really have. Still getting everything in order, but I'm super excited to find some down time so I can catch up on everybody's videos. Cheers.

Blowin' in the Wind (no thanx to YT)

Didn't this one start the whole business? With Bob, anyway?

I have no idea why it's "Untitled" on the chyron ... [UPDATE: It's not any more. No idea why.]

Last edited:
Here is a Roy Orbison song. It has allready been done this week, but I recorded it anyway.
I am not sure whether I will have time to learn that other song that I would like to post... which has also allready been done.
Whatever, at least now I recorded something this week :)

Top Bottom