50 Miniature Studies for Ukulele

Study No. 32 - Broken

Sometimes one feels incomplete, or broken, but still keeps a kind of happiness inside. In this piece I'm alternating time signatures –breaking the rhythm– while keeping the general feel bright and happy.

Study No. 33 - Medium Rare, Please

Today's study features alternating thumb strokes, swing, split strums, staccato, an amazing obstinato, harmonics, and… THE LICK.

Thank you, these are most enjoyable.
Reminds me of Sam Muir, who I dearly love listening to!

Oh, I forgot to mention how helpful the finger positions listed in the transcriptions are for the fretting hand, this really speeds up the learning process, thanks Choan :D

Thanks for telling! One never knows how much information is useful on the tabs before becoming noise. I'm glad you're enjoying these little pieces of mine.

Study No. 34 - Warm-blooded

A passionate argument with myself, put into music.

Study No. 37 - Tango Interrumpido

A tango style piece. A minor melody, arranged in thirds, leads to a short major section that's suddenly interrupted.

Study No. 41 - Left Hand Reel

After some days off the ukulele to give my right wrist a rest, I decided to rescue a piece with plenty of fretting hand tricks, hammer-ons, pull-offs, and slides. This is the Left Hand Reel, an Irish styled short piece that makes the 41st issue in the 50 Miniature Studies for Ukulele series.

Study No. 42 - Brazilian Answer

The ultimate answer to life, the universe, and everything… but it's played on a ukulele in a Brazilian mood.

Study No. 43 - Con piña

Study No. 43 features liquor, pineapple juice, a carefree attitude, swing, syncopation and travis picking. In just under a minute.

Support the 50 Miniature Studies for Ukulele at https://patreon.com/choanmusic

Study No. 44 - Taxes

A piece full of chromatisms and tensions, just like my taxes forms.

Recorded in collab with the park monk parakeets.

Study No. 45 - Firebug’s Dance

Picture a beautiful red and black bug dancing its happiness. Firebug’s Dance includes campanella, block chords, slurs and barrés in the form of a likable ukulele study.

Study No. 46 - Presque un adieu

This study features a tremolo-like right hand pattern, played at a moderately slow and rubato tempo.

Study No. 47 - Through Joy and Tears

There are joys, and there are tears, and, in the end, a life to celebrate.

Top Bottom