Tuner for a Risa solid stick

rorym

Reaction score
I think my UU forum search skills are poor, as I have not found he answer to this question.

Is there a clip-on tuner that works well with a Risa solid tenor? This uke has no headstock and my tiny D’Addario NS Micro Clip-On Tuner barely fits and it is not a long term solution.

Thanks

Good question! I also have a bit of trouble with clip on tuners. So I have been using a free tuner on my phone. Curious to hear other solutions. Thanks!

If it’s too thick for a normal clip-on there are magnetic ones that may work.

You can get a plug-in tuner either as a pedal or a small box - many metronomes include that, or get a small interface for your phone.

A snark worked fine for me. You do need to remove it while playing. No big deal

Alternatively use a Korg tuner. They have a jack socket, so you can plug them into the outlet jack.

Quite a few tuners have a microphone function as well. I have had good results with my Korg CA-30. It is been usefull for the past 8 years.

Try clipping the tuner onto the body somewhere (maybe on the top edge behind the last tuning machine close to the end). I have a home-made solid body instrument (not a uke) that I have to do that on because there just isn't enough room on the headstock. It works.

Top Bottom