Reaction score
Last edited:
Sorry about the duplicate pictures...
Ron

You have quite the stash out west!

Beautiful woods.

Picked up at his shop in July
Ron

Hi Ron, I've always wondered if Brazilian wood can make a difference with such a small body as a uke. I have the same combo in a guitar and it really does have a crazy beautiful sound. Can you compare the sound and volume to one of your high end all solid KOA's? Thanks, Rick

Hi,
I don’t have a solid Koa Uke, as I am not a strummer and only play chord melody style. I have several samples posted on SoundCloud of the tone. I also love (and own) several Spruce Brazilian classical guitars, so I love this tomewood combination. This ukulele is a very traditional build with beautiful aesthetics. It is warm, clear, but not a canon like my LFdM or DaSikva Hill (which are also Spruce tops). I don’t think the Brazilian does any more for the sound than my Koa back DaSilva, or the Walnut back on the LFdM, but it is very pretty. I have had several offers from overseas, but won’t take the risk of shipping internationally.
Ron

I sure get that Ron, thanks for the honest reply. It's crazy beautiful. I had a Babics acoustic guitar once with his adjustable neck like your uke. It's really great if you change styles from heavy strumming to finger picking. Always the right setup! Good luck!

Beautiful uke! I shipped a Kamaka to Japan once, USPS, worked out great. Good luck with your sale.

Top Bottom