Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Ashokan farewell

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Toronto , Canada
    Posts
    1,920

    Default Ashokan farewell

    My first video this year and thought I would do something different. Thank you Mike Holland for letting me use your background music.


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SoloRule View Post
    My first video this year and thought I would do something different. Thank you Mike Holland for letting me use your background music.

    Very lovely playing, Brenda. Bravo!
    Last edited by kmehrzad; 01-20-2019 at 04:25 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    California
    Posts
    90

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SoloRule View Post
    My first video this year and thought I would do something different. Thank you Mike Holland for letting me use your background music.

    Wow, this is so impressive ! The sound is so beautiful ! Could you please tell me the body materials of your ukulele ? Thank you !

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Moonta, South Australi.
    Posts
    95

    Default

    Loved it Brenda, beautifully played.
    Cheers Santa.

    Pepe Romero Tiny Tenor.
    Kala Ziricote Tenor.
    Kala Concert FMCG.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Pickering, ON, Canada
    Posts
    5,258

    Default

    That was so good I gave you a thumbs up and a comment on your You Tube channel. I really liked that.........a LOT. YOU are the thumb pick master

    Even you new avatar shows a thumb pick, a red one. You can have all different colors, like jewellery.
    Ukuleles.............yes please !!!!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Owen Sound, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    131

    Default

    I love Ashoka fareware, and you have played it beautiful. I see one your YouTube channel that you have two versions.
    Thank you Brenda.
    LACole
    Laurie Ann Cole

    Northern UK20 Concert Mahogany
    Beaver Creek BCUKEFM-T Tenor Maple Flame
    Eddy Finn EF-Moon Concert Mahogany
    Beaver Creek BCUKE-S Soprano Mahogany

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Brenda
    This is one of your best videos.
    I really enjoy it and the backing track really dress it up.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Toronto , Canada
    Posts
    1,920

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kmehrzad View Post
    Very lovely playing, Brenda. Bravo!
    Thank you for watching!

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Uke View Post
    Wow, this is so impressive ! The sound is so beautiful ! Could you please tell me the body materials of your ukulele ? Thank you !
    This is a blackbird Farallon built in San Francisco. Here is the link to the site. Thank you for watching. https://www.blackbirdguitar.com/prod...-tenor-ukulele

    Quote Originally Posted by Santa View Post
    Loved it Brenda, beautifully played.
    Santa, you have not been my audience in a long time. I was just thinking where did you go.

    Quote Originally Posted by DownUpDave View Post
    That was so good I gave you a thumbs up and a comment on your You Tube channel. I really liked that.........a LOT. YOU are the thumb pick master

    Even you new avatar shows a thumb pick, a red one. You can have all different colors, like jewellery.
    Hi Dave, thank you for watching and posted comments on both pages. Yea thumb pick is good for certain song. I have not used it in a while , Laurence here kind of inspired me to use it again. He is the real master.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lacole View Post
    I love Ashoka fareware, and you have played it beautiful. I see one your YouTube channel that you have two versions.
    Thank you Brenda.
    Thank you for noticing both versions. I uploaded the solo first and thought it sounded dull so I decided to do a second version but the second version has a different tempo because of background music so I had to speed it up. It has been quite a challenge playing with background music.

    Quote Originally Posted by PlentyofUkes View Post
    Brenda
    This is one of your best videos.
    I really enjoy it and the backing track really dress it up.
    Thank you so much for watching ! I agreed, the backing track added colour to the melody.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    299

    Default

    Well I have to be honest - the backing track sounded out of sync with your playing to me (maybe something in the editing process)? However, your playing is beautiful as always. I see you are wearing a thumb pick! And nobody is laughing. Always enjoy your videos Brenda!
    Laurence

    Martin T-1 Tenor
    YT Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/SeattleUke

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Toronto , Canada
    Posts
    1,920

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wingnutz View Post
    Well I have to be honest - the backing track sounded out of sync with your playing to me (maybe something in the editing process)? However, your playing is beautiful as always. I see you are wearing a thumb pick! And nobody is laughing. Always enjoy your videos Brenda!
    Hi Laurence....you are probably right about out of sync because this is my first time playing with backing track. It has been challenging but a lot of fun.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •