I've officially lost control, now. I'm a noob, but UAS is real.

Welcome to UU, Chevy!

I've had my own journey with UAS. Since I first picked up an 'ukulele almost 4 years ago, I've bought 6 'ukuleles and kept 2. I still have a long way to go before I can truly commune with the 2 I've kept, and I won't be getting rid of either any time soon.

Each acquisition and break-in period (both of the instrument and of one's own body) is an extension of the daily practice routine. A year invested in developing/refining my right hand technique has taught me the shortcomings of my current stable, and I am now in the final stages of procuring my 7th 'ukulele.

As my preferences cement and my focus shifts increasingly towards practicing the 'ukulele, my UAS continues to cool down (if for no other reason than that shopping cuts into practice time). My eventual target is to own 4-5 ukuleles as follows, but I'm in no rush:
-2 beater ukes for gigging and teaching. I've now filled these two slots to my long-term satisfaction.
-2 exceptional ukes for meditative enjoyment, recording, and unamplified performance.
-1 uke for slack key tunings and relaxed playing at work

Greg, Aloha and welcome to the UU Forums and the worldwide uke community! Having an "Affliction" of UAS isn't a bad or painful thing that causes suffering ... it's a GREAT thing!!!!:biglaugh:

Enjoy the lifelong ride!!!:shaka:

Top Bottom