Greetings from Nebraska

StringDaddy

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I guess I should start with a little background on myself. I started playing music when I was 6 years old in the first grade playing Violin. Over time, I've played many more instruments including Viola, Baritone Horn, Tuba, Sousaphone, Valved Trombone, Bass Guitar, Double Bass (upright) and Banjo. Currently, I just play the Double Bass and Banjo. My wife plays the Hammered Dulcimer, my daughter plays the Piano and my son plays the Violin.

That being said, the reason I'm here is because me, my wife and my kids are all curious about the Ukulele. See, when I purchased my new Banjo back in October, the music store "gifted" my kids an Amahi Soprano Ukulele. They said its something they do for the kids when the parent buys a new instrument, to encourage kids to learn an instrument. They have been driving me crazy to learn how to play this Ukulele, and I really don't know where to begin. I was messing around with their Ukulele yesterday, and let me tell you, going from Double Bass to a Soprano Ukulele is crazy. I don't think my fingers will scrunch down that far, lol.

I am here because I'm looking for all kinds of advice. What type of resources are out there for a 6 & 8 year old to learn Ukulele? What are good, budget friendly Ukuleles for a Double Bass player with big hands? Probably many more things I will think of along the way. I look forward to this new instrument adventure.

Top Bottom