Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Kinnard Model: Selmer-tyle Super Tenor -- WOW!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Jim View Post
    Do you know what strings they're using on it? I've got a 19" tenor and am still playing around with strings on it. I've been tuning it dGBE but am planning to try linear C tuning at some point. I worry that standard tenor strings would be painfully high tension with the extra scale length.
    I have a 19" tenor and use Thomastik CF30 and CF27 for the wound G and C strings. I use Oais warm for the two trebles. Yes the tension is higher then a 17" tenor, more so on the florocarbon strings then the wounds. I don't mind high tension, if you do try a concert set of strings with either Thomastik CF30 or Fremont Soloist for the wound G if you like only a wound G.
    Currently enjoying these ukuleles : *LdfM tenor, *LfdM 19" super tenor. *LfdM baritone, *I'iwi tenor , *Koolau tenor, *Webber tenor, *Kimo tenor, *Kimo super concert, *Mya Moe baritone, *Kamaka baritone, *Gianinni baritone, *Fred Shields super soprano, *Kala super soprano, *Loprinzi super soprano, *Black bear ULO concert , *Enya X1 concert, *Enya X1 pineapple soprano, *Gretsch tenor, *Korala plastic concert

Quote Originally Posted by DownUpDave View Post
    I have a 19" tenor and use Thomastik CF30 and CF27 for the wound G and C strings. I use Oais warm for the two trebles. Yes the tension is higher then a 17" tenor, more so on the florocarbon strings then the wounds. I don't mind high tension, if you do try a concert set of strings with either Thomastik CF30 or Fremont Soloist for the wound G if you like only a wound G.
    Thanks Dave - I've actually been using a CF30 as the G on it and I have an unused CF27 knocking about so I'll give it a go. Really enjoying the scale length, will be glad when I've dialled in the strings and tuning.

"You'll never make it to the bigs with fungus on your shower shoes. Think classy, you'll be classy. " - Crash Davis

There is one for sale right now on Kinnard's website.
    Looks beautiful.

I’m curious whether it’s strong enough to handle all metal strings.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Russ View Post
    I would think that if check with Kevin from Kinnard, he'd be able to answer that for you.

What an interesting design Very classy
    Happy just to be a Newbie +, Penny

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful Uke View Post
    I would think that if check with Kevin from Kinnard, he'd be able to answer that for you.
    I’m sure. But at that price point it’s just a curiosity for now and I’m sure he has more important things to do than answer my questions. Maybe if I’m in a position to get one myself later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Russ View Post
    The answer to this question will most likely be no, as with most instruments specifically built for nylon strings. I don't think they would advise you to take that risk on an instrument in this price range.
    Enjoying instruments by - Beau Hannam - Jay Lichty - Jerry Hoffmann - Luis Feu de Mesquita - Kala - Kamaka - Kanile'a - KoAloha - Ko'olau - Moore Bettah - Pono - Romero Creations - and others

Thread Information