Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HMS - OOPS, I did IT again!

Default HMS - OOPS, I did IT again!

We are fairly new to ukulele and had been playing an inexpensive intro concert. We started researching and my wife and I both liked the Kaniléa K-1 Tenor and Koaloha KTM series. We ended up purchasing a K-1 a few weeks ago from HMS. The experience went really smooth with great communication from sales and shipping (thanks Veronica).

We discovered almost instantly we needed another “good one”. We thought we’d wait awhile and purchase a Koaloha next. Well...HMS listed six new KTM-00 a couple nights ago and there are a couple of real eye grabbers in the bunch. We just couldn’t not take our favourite of the bunch. I pulled the trigger this morning on this one. https://www.theukulelesite.com/koalo...-00-19184.html

Big shout out to HMS for offering such great selection. We’ve really caught the bug.

C6382DF1-92E6-4F45-AEFD-422392492B0F.jpg
    Last edited by Canuckulele; 01-23-2019 at 09:13 AM.

Wow! Excellent taste. Welcome to the HMS/UAS club! Let us know when it arrives.
    Kathryn

Quote Originally Posted by kvehe View Post
    Wow! Excellent taste. Welcome to the HMS/UAS club! Let us know when it arrives.
    Thank you, I will. We’re really excited. I’m just hoping we don’t end up fighting over the same one.

UAS is a wonderful thing (see my signature). Welcome to the club. BTW, when you get ready to post an image, be sure to hit a couple of carriage returns, then post, that way you avoid your paragraph from getting spread out like that. Like I've done below.

Quote Originally Posted by Canuckulele View Post
    We are fairly new to ukulele and had been playing an inexpensive intro concert. We started researching and my wife and I both liked the Kaniléa K-1 Tenor and Koaloha KTM series. We ended up purchasing a K-1 a few weeks ago from HMS. The experience went really smooth with great communication from sales and shipping (thanks Veronica).

We discovered almost instantly we needed another “good one”. We thought we’d wait awhile and purchase a Koaloha next. Well...HMS listed six new KTM-00 a couple nights ago and there are a couple of real eye grabbers in the bunch. We just couldn’t not take our favourite of the bunch. I pulled the trigger this morning on this one. https://www.theukulelesite.com/koalo...-00-19184.html

Big shout out to HMS for offering such great selection. We’ve really caught the bug.[ATTACH=CONFIG]114968

Sample UU image.jpg

9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 8 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 33)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
    • Member The CC Strummers www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video
    Last edited by kohanmike; 01-23-2019 at 08:58 AM.

It’s beautiful! How long will you have to wait to get it?
    LACole
    Laurie Ann Cole

Northern UK20 Concert Mahogany GCEA Aquila Lava
    Beaver Creek BCUKEFM-T Tenor Maple Flame gCEA D’addario Pro Arte
    Eddy Finn EF-Moon Concert Mahogany gCEA Aquila SuperNylgut
    Beaver Creek BCUKE-S Soprano Mahogany gCEA D’addario Black Nylon
    Ohana PKC-25G Concert Mahogany Pineapple gCEA Aquila

CPM CT-Q2 chromatic clip on tuner
    Snark SN-4 tuner

Quote Originally Posted by Lacole View Post
    It’s beautiful! How long will you have to wait to get it?
    We just bought it today, so not sure. Probably within a couple weeks. We should strum sometime.
    Last edited by Canuckulele; 03-07-2019 at 08:48 AM.

Beautiful streaky koa!

Sweet! My dream ukes! Just glad it wasn't a Britney Swears cover!
    John

Theme song of those afflicted with UAS...."Another one bites the dust, another one bites the dust. Yea another bites and another bites and another one bites the dust".

You're doomed but it's a most enjoyable doom
    Currently enjoying these ukuleles : *LdfM tenor, *LfdM 19" super tenor. *LfdM baritone, *I'iwi tenor , *Koolau tenor, *Webber tenor, *Kimo tenor, *Kimo super concert, *Mya Moe baritone, *Kamaka baritone, *Gianinni baritone, *Fred Shields super soprano, *Kala super soprano, *Loprinzi super soprano, *Black bear ULO concert , *Enya X1 concert, *Enya X1 pineapple soprano, *Gretsch tenor, *Korala plastic concert

It happens to the best of us. Even if we think we’ve found our holy grail, still we succumb to UAS. Congratulations on the new Kanile’a and Koaloha. You’ve got excellent taste.
    Onyx
    Currently playing:
    Sopranos: Kamaka HP-1L, Koaloha KSM-02, Ken Timms Mahogany, Ohana SK-25Z, Martin S1 Centennial
    Concerts: Mya Moe Chocolate Heart Mango, Koaloha KCR-10-AC, Kamaka HF-2, Anuenue Moonbird UC200E
    Tenor: Pono Cedar Rosewood
    For sale:
    Koaloha KCM-00 MH Mahogany
    Martin C1K
    Ken Timms Mahogany

Thread Information