i'll sing you a love song PETE SEEGER cover

mountain goat

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
an ad lib recording of this beautiful Pete Seeger song
from his 'Love Songs For Friends And Foes' LP (1955)
recorded yesterday at our shack at Bruny Island, Tasmania -
one of the most beautiful places in this world

apologies friends, this film no longer available

Last edited:
Sweet song, Jon!

A VERY chilled a lazy song...and I mean that as a compliment mate! Made me just want to pour a large whisky and lounge in my chair tapping along! Well done!

Doc, Val, Dave, Allen
thank you folks for taking the time
glad you enjoyed the song

Loved it, Jon. Beautiful playing and soulful singing. Reminded me of Leon Redbone's style. Thank you!

y'all are so sweet.
thank you Bill, Jim, John, Maiden.
so appreciate you listening, and hearing.

Pete died five years ago today at the age of 95. Thanks for the tribute with an unknown-ish song.
One of my favorite Pete Seeger songs that I've been singing for 25 years. First time I sang it at the San Francisco Folk Music Club, our matriarch and founder Faith Petric, who was a very good friend and contemporary of Pete Seeger, insisted "there's no way he would write a song like that." I had never heard a Pete recording so I couldn't be sure. I've met him a few times and always forgot to ask. I've never heard anyone else do that song in 25 years. I'm going to have to dig it out more often. Thank you for that!

Hey Ruby,
Pete is a hero to me since I started trying to play music 30 years ago.
I think I have all his albums and I will never tire of them.
One of my greatest joys was receiving a letter from him one day maybe 15 years back;
I'd sent him a CD of covers of his original songs. He was so gracious, so generous, so humble.
I have it framed in my loungeroom. :)
Thank you so much.

Top Bottom