Anyone familiar with any of these cases?

boojiboo

Reaction score
I was considering a polyfoam, but now I'm thinking of an actual hard case. Is anyone familiar with any of these?

Z ZTDM
YMC
MCH
Carrion

In case anyone is looking at any of these cases in the future, I wound up buying the MCH one and I'm quite happy with it so far.

If it falls apart in six months, I'll update this post. ;)

I've purchased two of the MCH cases off of Ebay though they were under different brand names. I paid somewhere in the low to mid $20s for each. I think that they are an excellent value and I'd buy another without hesitation. They're not something I would check into baggage on an airplane or throw around with abandon but they are more than adequate for the everyday knocks and bumps one would normally experience moving your uke around or getting from point A to point B. I'd caution people to measure carefully. My Ohanas will fit in these cases but my Kalas will not.

They're not something I would check into baggage on an airplane or throw around with abandon but they are more than adequate for the everyday knocks and bumps one would normally experience moving your uke around or getting from point A to point B.

I may actually wind up flying with my uke this fall, but I will definitely take it as a carry on! It's "only" an Ohana SK-10, but I'd still be afraid to check it. :)

I'm actually buying another one of these cases online later today for my Ohana SK-30M. All 3 of my Ohanas are/will be in these cases.

I've purchased two of the MCH cases off of Ebay though they were under different brand names. I paid somewhere in the low to mid $20s for each. I think that they are an excellent value and I'd buy another without hesitation. They're not something I would check into baggage on an airplane or throw around with abandon but they are more than adequate for the everyday knocks and bumps one would normally experience moving your uke around or getting from point A to point B. I'd caution people to measure carefully. My Ohanas will fit in these cases but my Kalas will not.

Looks like the kind that I purchased off ebay for about $23 also.
It's definitely an okay case, but it's a little too big for my Ohana sk-25.
Fits my daughters Luna soprano pretty much perfect though.

Looks like the kind that I purchased off ebay for about $23 also.
It's definitely an okay case, but it's a little too big for my Ohana sk-25.
Fits my daughters Luna soprano pretty much perfect though.

Do Ohanas tend to run small? My Kalas are too big for the concert size equivalent of the MCH type of case but my Ohanas fit perfectly. If I am to believe the measurements provided on Ebay for the soprano sized case, it will be the right length for my long neck soprano but the body area will be too big. There will be space between the padding and the entire body of the uke. I'll just have to figure out a way to pad out the space.

Last edited:
Do Ohanas tend to run small? My Kalas are too big for the concert size equivalent of the MCH type of case but my Ohanas fit perfectly. If I am to believe the measurements provided on Ebay for the soprano sized case, it will be the right length for my long neck soprano but the body area will be too big. There will be space between the padding and the entire body of the uke. I'll just have to figure out a way to pad out the space.

Yeah with mine the body section of the case is too big for my SK-25. My daughter's Luna soprano has a larger lower bout so that's why it fits better.
It does seem a little long for a soprano case so I would think a long neck should fit.

Yeah with mine the body section of the case is too big for my SK-25. My daughter's Luna soprano has a larger lower bout so that's why it fits better.
It does seem a little long for a soprano case so I would think a long neck should fit.

My uke is 22.5" long and they say that the interior length to the edges of the padding is 23.8" long so there should be no problem there. It looks like I'd have about 3/4" of space on each side of the upper bout and a bit over 1" of space on each side of the lower bout if their listing measurements are accurate.

It's weird that there are so many different listings for this specific case advertising it as a 21" standard size soprano ukulele hard case yet the interior length is shown as 23.8" and the exterior length is shown as 24.6".

I like the little extra length because it gives me room to tuck a humidifier above the headstock. There's a tiny bit of room to either side of the bouts, but it's snug around the waist. The uke doesn't slide around in the case. (It's an Ohana SK-10.)

I like the little extra length because it gives me room to tuck a humidifier above the headstock. There's a tiny bit of room to either side of the bouts, but it's snug around the waist. The uke doesn't slide around in the case. (It's an Ohana SK-10.)

Hmm. Maybe the one I bought on Ebay is a different case.
Because my SK-25 will slide around a little in mine if I don't put some cushioning around the sides of the body.
The sk-25 & sk-10 should have the same body dimensions.

Hmm. Maybe the one I bought on Ebay is a different case.
Because my SK-25 will slide around a little in mine if I don't put some cushioning around the sides of the body.
The sk-25 & sk-10 should have the same body dimensions.

I rechecked, and there's a tiny bit of room around the waist, but not enough for the uke to move significantly. Quarter inch, maybe?

In other news, my cats knocked it into the floor today and the uke was unharmed from the fall. Score one for the hard case. :)

Top Bottom