String recommendations for Godin Multiuke

colemole

Reaction score
Hello all

I have a new to me Godin Multiuke. Need to have a extra string set or 2. Any recommendations for High and low G string sets?

Thanks

I don't think it really matters what strings you choose. I used a set of Martin fluorocarbons high G I had on hand and they sound good to me.

9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 8 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 33)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video

As Django said above the Thomastick CF30 and CF27 are great G and C wound strings for a low G set up. I have paired them with my florocarbon trebles of choice, Oasis or Worth clear. I never had it strung high G but any string you like should work well.

It depends open the sound you're looking for. I string most of my ukes with Seaguar fishing leader, but found it too mellow on the Multiuke. For reentrant C, I've been using Aquila Super Nylguts for years. They have plenty of punch, which works well when running through a pedalboard.

Top Bottom