Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Graph Tech Ratio Tuners

Quote Originally Posted by dwizum View Post
    I would avoid trying to use a plain twist drill, it's really easy for them to grab and tear or torque the part and crack it when you're drilling out a hole that's only slightly smaller than the bit is.
    I've used drill bits without problems, but it can be dicey. I first try to turn the bit by hand, depending on the size. A round file also works well. There's no such thing as going too slow or being too careful.
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

I hope this isn't considered a necropost, but I did just get some clarity from Graph Tech about the breakage issues. It was an issue with the early tuners and they've redesigned them to address the problems. I asked about using them on a wound low G tenor string, and they said they've tested the current version on metal guitar strings without issue, so I feel better about trying them out now.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisdaida View Post
    I hope this isn't considered a necropost, but I did just get some clarity from Graph Tech about the breakage issues. It was an issue with the early tuners and they've redesigned them to address the problems. I asked about using them on a wound low G tenor string, and they said they've tested the current version on metal guitar strings without issue, so I feel better about trying them out now.
    Thanks for that. I bought two sets and used only one, but I guess it's safe to more more. Necroposts are okay, and yours is a perfect example of why.
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

I had an issue with these tuners on my custom soprano. They didn't break completely like described on this thread but one of the tuners started rattling when playing any string because of some resonance. It's something to do with the internals. Once I located it it was easy enough to replace. That's why I like these tuners. They're cheap and easy to replace and, in my opinion, they're easy to use and look neat.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisdaida View Post
    I'm glad you posted this. I had completely ruled these out. It's good to know they have corrected this problem. I've used quite a few of their string nuts and saddles on instruments.

Thread Information