Kmise $ 60 Baritone PKg.....Baritone, gig bag, tuner & Strap.....comments

We're talking about a $50 price range here, though.

I’m well aware of that. Still think you can do better. But as I say / my main gripe is with their ethics

Details? "dubious marketing tactics and a total disregard to intellectual property designs..." sounds like a description of EVERY Chinese company out there.

I've bought a few Kmise tenors and recommended them to others who have bought them and we all like them.

Decent value for the money.

It’s like many Chinese co’s not all.

Kmise have copied aNueNue, Goldtone and Luna.

They also are the same brand as Aklot .Aklot arranged for people to get free ukes in return for product reviews. Their instructions telling people not to disclose they were gifts. Totally unethical

Well, I certainly do not prefer it over Pono. Wouldn’t keep it normally but at the beach it was fine.

Were you worried that Florida's coast is hazardous to ukuleles or just the "beach"?

Details? "dubious marketing tactics and a total disregard to intellectual property designs..." sounds like a description of EVERY Chinese company out there.

Eastman ukuleles are made in China and the only thing bad about them is that they're hard to find. What other factory ukulele comes with a 2mm action and no buzzing?

As originator of the this post, who would have known it hit so many hot buttons...!

Substance wise, you usually get what you pay for, my original post was that the Kmise Baritone, seemed you got a lot for 60 bucks shipped......decent build, decent looks, "decent sound...playability, aquila strings,. ....hard to beat for a knock around.

How they achieved that low price point, ?, is a bit of a mystery.....since there has to be a built in profit margin...

Ethics and intergrity.....apparently wrong and unsavory....from what I am reading.......have to agree with Barry on that point..

(Maybe our President should pay a visit to Kimise factory owners next time visiting in China, and give them a talk on the importance of ethics and intergrity )

Last edited:
No, not just shapes - full on passing off - first pic is an aNueNue made under licence from U900. The second is the Kmise 'version'

View attachment 118595View attachment 118596

When trying to view the attachments, I get the following message: "Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"

Is it just me?

Still think you can do better.

Please let us know your recommendations for a $50 baritone. Thanks! I looked through your reviews but didn't see any baritones in that price range.

The $50 Kmise baritone just happens to be the one my niece has that I've played myself. I haven't played any other baritone that cheap.

I don't think you'll find anything else decent for that price new. My opinion.

But you can find used deals around.

I got an awesome used bari right here on the forum.

You could post a WTB beater baritone.

Please let us know your recommendations for a $50 baritone. Thanks! I looked through your reviews but didn't see any baritones in that price range.

The $50 Kmise baritone just happens to be the one my niece has that I've played myself. I haven't played any other baritone that cheap.

Sorry - I think you misundertood. I don't have a recommendation at that price. I think you can do better than the Kmise brand FULL STOP.

Just because theirs is $50 doesn't make it a good option. I don't think you CAN get even a reasonable baritone for that money. That doesn't exonerate Kmise though!

Top Bottom