Season 363 - Into the Void

Nobody Men (Blues) - An MP Original

Nobody Men (Blues) - an MP original very slow blues in A minor. I have recorded this on the Risa LP Electric Ukulele for the solo and single chord tremolo kind of rhythm part. The background rhythm is on my Fender Telecaster Guitar which I haven't played for about five years but just got serviced so it plays like new again... The Risa is the main instrument, but I got inspired getting the fender back in my hands. NB. Forgot to turn my camera/phone on, so here is a photo instead...

The song is about guys who get lost in the modern society, without anything really... Nobody Men. Saw a programme about homelessness in Britain the other day. Terrible that we in this day and age aren't better at taking care of the people on the bottom of society.

Lyrics and chords below:
Nobody Men (Blues)

I’m a nobody man
Tryin’ to do the best I can
Yes I’m a nobody man
Tryin’ to do the best I can
Nobody seems to love me, nobody seems to care
‘Cause there are nobody men everywhere.

I was a nobody before
And I’m a nobody today
Yes, I was a nobody before
And I’m a nobody today
Trying to be somebody
In my own way

I’m looking for a change
But there are no-one at home
I’m looking for a change
But there are no-one at home
Im so tired of walking aimlessly through life,
And I feel oh so alone

There’s a void in my heart
But you can fill it up with tears
Yes, there’s a void in my heart
But you can fill it up with tears
Hey you can help me get out of this misery
With a little love talk in my ears

I’m a nobody man
Tryin’ to be the best that I can
Yes I’m a nobody man
Tryin’ to be the best that I can
Nobody seems to love me, nobody seems to care
‘Cause there are nobody men everywhere.

-
12 bar blues in Am

Am | Am | Am | Am
Dm7 | Dm7 | Am | Am
Fmaj7 | E7sus2 E7 | Am | Am

Copyright 2019 - MP

Last edited:
Empty Chairs At Empty Tables (1985) from Les Misérables

I'm hoping for leniency on the part of the entrance judges.

When I first read the theme, I had no ideas, but one of my daughters suggested "Nowhere Man." Great thought, but someone had done it already, and my daughter did not indicate high enthusiasm for playing it anyway. My next thought was to go into the literal void with David Bowie and Elton John, but none of my band had even heard "Space Oddity" or "Rocket Man," and I am not nearly persuasive enough to convince them to first learn the two songs, and then be willing to help mash them up properly. (though it would have been fun to have my two girls singing "Mars ain't the kind of place to raise your kids"). I also briefly considered "Gone" by John Hiatt, but I learned it from Andrew Morse's bonus entry to season 82 (see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2BDRA9Zw7g) a few years back. His version is AWESOME, and we don't quite do it justice.

By now it's Saturday morning and we're pretty much out of time. And that's when I remembered that 1) you're NEVER gonna see no unicorns, and 2) We know the reason why.

Apologies for the rough performance. My band, the "Uke-ish Rovers," is temperamental to begin with, it's early in the morning, and my daughters haven't had any coffee.

Last edited:
Hi,
I haven't posted for a while, just can't seem to get a song done. This one was a challenge because I had to change the key and learn it too.

Thanks for hosting Jim.

Benji did a lovely duet of this one back in Season 270. Both of us agree that it’s from a nearly perfect pop album; there’s almost “Nothing Better”.

I’ll see myself out.

I'm resigned that I'm not going to find time to do a song myself for this Season. This is the song I wanted to do:

Since decades I love this song. Never ever thought to play it some day.
Most difficult thing: not to speed up ... now better than in the beginning :cool:

When I was twenty years old, I played drums for a few months in my sister's then-boyfriend's new band, Built to Spill. This song's from our album, Ultimate Alternative Wavers. The title and chorus lyrics are lifted from Philip K. Dick's novel Flow My Tears, the Policeman Said. And the verses' lyrics are mostly lifted from the Velvet Underground's "Oh! Sweet Nuthin." The last line of the song is original, though :p

a whole lotta nothin
featuring Kev on the electric tenor
thank you for this week Jim

Haven’t participated recently so therefore I’ve done nothing which means I should do something...right? I’ve actually done two nothings but the second one won’t get posted until tomorrow due to long download times.
Hope you enjoy my cover of “Better Than Nothing” by Maria Mena.

Thank you, everybody! Season 363 has now ended. I have about 25% of the videos left to comment on (I got a little sidetracked yesterday by the Super Bowl).

Fantastic season, Jim!

And I really would have enjoyed your take on "You Haven't Done Nothing." Does the MEL have a clavinet setting?

Fantastic season, Jim!

And I really would have enjoyed your take on "You Haven't Done Nothing." Does the MEL have a clavinet setting?

Sadly, no. ElectroHarmonix has 5 boxes to make classic keyboard sounds (Mellotron, electric pianos, 2 organ boxes, and synth) and none of them has a clavinet sound.

Top Bottom