A big THANKS to Kohanmike!!

JohnRC

Reaction score
I asked for some help with an issue with my ukulele bass and several suggestions appeared.
I have done a couple of things but I think the main one of the poor performance of th 4th string was the most worrisome. I followed through Kohanmike’s suggestion and after 2 hours of playing with some friends, the bass works just fine.
Thank you very much Mike.

Very glad to be of help John.

9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 8 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 33)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video

2 thumbs up! ;)

Curious...what was the solution? The 4th string on my bass doesn’t pick up as well as the others (sounds like your original issue).

This is it; take apart the saddle assembly, pull off the two end caps that hold together the parts, slide out the saddle itself, I then used an Xacto thin blade saw on each indent, being careful to keep them in order, then slide the pieces back on the pickup base and replace the black end caps. This allows each piece to put it's own pressure on the individual pickup underneath.

9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 8 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 33)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video

It does not look any different. You can’t see the thin space between each of the 4 sections.

When I reassembled mine I put the two ends on first because they have a small slider to hold them. Then I placed the two other pieces in their places making sure they were in the same order. I used a dentists pick to make sure there was more or less the same space between each of them. I don’t think they should be touching in order to make sure there is separation in the vibrations of each string.

Top Bottom