Buying from Mim Question

TobyDog

Reaction score
I looked all over Mim's site, and didn't see a way to contact her to ask her a question. Could be I'm just not seeing it. But............anyone know if it's possible to have Mim ship with a different set of strings installed?

thanks.

Recently got my first uke from Mim, and was very impressed with her customer service, attention to detail and communication. She really looks out for her customers, and does a great set up. As a one-person operation she may occasionally need a little time to respond to your email.

I looked all over Mim's site, and didn't see a way to contact her to ask her a question. Could be I'm just not seeing it. But............anyone know if it's possible to have Mim ship with a different set of strings installed?

thanks.

You can message her on FB if you didn't put the message on your Paypal payment. She responds quickly. I think she has Worth if you want Fluourocarbons. I don't remember there being many choices.

Recently got my first uke from Mim, and was very impressed with her customer service, attention to detail and communication. She really looks out for her customers, and does a great set up. As a one-person operation she may occasionally need a little time to respond to your email.

+1.
I bought one ukulele from Mim, and she did a great set up for me, shipped very quickly, and is definitely looking out for her customers. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from Mim again.

As someone mentioned, with NAMM this weekend, it's probably hard for her to get back to people right away, but try her again if she doesn't respond within a reasonable amount of time.

Yep, normally Mim gets back to me quickly. Before NAMM I emailed her about the article in Ukulele Magazine about her, blah, blah, blah, and she answered me within a day.
I've bought 3 ukes from Mim, never had a single problem.
She may well be the best in the biz, and she has some very good competition.

It's not that she didn't get back to me......I was just so thick I couldn't find her email or phone number to contact her. I'll wait until NAMM is over.

Does anyone know if Mim ships to Canada these days and, if so, are the customs and handling fees brutal?

Don't forget to leave a great review for her on Reverb or her site. They matter a lot, especially for a small business such as hers.

I've purchased two ukes from her. She set them up with slightly lower action for my stiffening fingers.

Another satisfied customer. She changed out strings from low G to high G for me, plus installed a MiSi pickup. Her price for the MiSi installation was lower than most. I have wondered, but never asked her, if she can change from friction tuners to UPTs.

Does anyone know if Mim ships to Canada these days and, if so, are the customs and handling fees brutal?

I personally don't know if she does ship to Canada or not, never bought from her. But the only extra you pay when buying anything from the USA is the 12% tax, there is no duty on musical instruments.

+1 for the Mim experience. I recently bought a uke from her, and the transaction went as smoothly as ice cream in summer. I emailed her several questions in advance of the purchase (I was trying to decide between two models, and wanted her opinion about the pros and cons of each). She responded promptly, with thoughtful and detailed feedback. The instrument I decided on arrived quickly, with a perfect setup.

I would definitely not hesitate to buy from Mim again.

Top Bottom