Buying from Mim Question

I've purchased two Ohana ukes, and a Magic Fluke Bass from Mim within the past year, and a couple of other brands before that. Always a great conversation - even when she is on the way out the door - and emails were always answered. With strings, while I prefer Worth Clear or Brown, I usually say "Put whatever sounds best to you on them" After all, I can always change strings later, right?

I look forward to meeting Mim in person, someday...

-Kurt​

I look forward to meeting Mim in person, someday...

-Kurt​

Mim makes frequent appearances a uke fests, and she's a real live wire. She always has a large display of instruments, and she spends a lot of her time doing setups while she's at her table. Of course, she's also a great instructor and performer. I've gotten to the point where I select uke fests based on which performers, vendors, and instructors will be there.

Pictures from the Allegheny Ukulele Soiree -

19.jpg 035.jpg Mims.jpg

Mim makes frequent appearances a uke fests, and she's a real live wire. She always has a large display of instruments, and she spends a lot of her time doing setups while she's at her table. Of course, she's also a great instructor and performer. I've gotten to the point where I select uke fests based on which performers, vendors, and instructors will be there.

Pictures from the Allegheny Ukulele Soiree -

View attachment 115205 View attachment 115207 View attachment 115212

Ooo can I steal a few of these for my instagram? Great pictures!

I've gotten to the point where I select uke fests based on which performers, vendors, and instructors will be there.

Between my job at a high school, and my wife's yarn shop, I select uke fests based on if and when I can get there. So far, the only one that seems to work is the one in Vorheesville.

Another satisfied Mim customer. Bought a "blemished" Ohana solid spruce top tenor and love it. Oh and I couldn't find the blemish.

No small part of her uke sales just come from "Mim Magic," which is that the Buyer knows he's dealing with a real person who is trying to be responsible. This is a very good thing as a way to attract sales. In my experience, I haven't run into many ukes that need a great deal of adjusting on their actions: most QC seems to work. But it's fun to be dealing with a blue-haired woman, a little excitement in the day.

Top Bottom