music stand stupid deal

rrieth

Reaction score
I just noticed this. I have had this stand for more than a year and have been satisfied with it. It is somewhat portable in spite of being heavier and bulkier than folding stands. It is stable and does not slip,even with a 3 inch 3 ring binder full of song sheets, which is a complaint I have seen with folding stands. I use mine all the time for ukulele clubs and concerts where stands are required. The main complaint I've seen in the user reviews is that the adjustment screws are rough feeling. When I bought mine I put a drop of oil on each of the adjustment screws which made them operate smoothly.

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/stupid?icid=205528

It worked for me. Looks like a real bargain.

John Colter.

Hi Keith
I just tried it again and it works for me. Is it possible that the deal is US only? I'm not familiar with Musician's Friend's business model. The item is a Musicians Gear conductor's music stand on sale for $12.99 shipped in the US.

I just noticed this. I have had this stand for more than a year and have been satisfied with it. It is somewhat portable in spite of being heavier and bulkier than folding stands. It is stable and does not slip,even with a 3 inch 3 ring binder full of song sheets, which is a complaint I have seen with folding stands. I use mine all the time for ukulele clubs and concerts where stands are required. The main complaint I've seen in the user reviews is that the adjustment screws are rough feeling. When I bought mine I put a drop of oil on each of the adjustment screws which made them operate smoothly.

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/stupid?icid=205528

I like the type with the solid back for the music. I have one with a permanent base - no folding. I keep it in the living room with music and books on it. Big difference in price, though. $12.99 is hard to beat.

I bought this instead of a folding stand, It was on sale for 2 dollars more than this deal, in the same price range as folding stands. It weighs 6 pounds and can be reduced to 32 inches height by collapsing the legs and column and folding the table down. The table lip makes a good carrying handle. The clamps and spider for the legs are plastic. All the screws go into metal threaded inserts in the plastic. It is compact and light enough to take from the house to the car and from the car to the venue. If I had to carry it more than a few blocks I would look into something lighter and more compact. It is a lot more stable than the folding stands I have seen which can be toppled with an errant kick or a strong gust of wind. I'm sure your permanent stand is more rugged and stable than this, Jerry, but it would not have suited my purposes.

Keith, I just checked again and the deal is still on. Perhaps you could go to musiciansfriend.com and look for Stupid Deal of the Day on the home page. This deal is in effect until 8am EST on the 29th, which would be 1pm GMT if I calculated right. If the super champ is available for the same price I would jump right on it (LOL)

Strange - the first time I looked, the "Stupid Deal" music stand was there, but I just looked again, and it the link showed me something else entirely.

John Colter.

Hi Keith
I just tried it again and it works for me. Is it possible that the deal is US only? I'm not familiar with Musician's Friend's business model. The item is a Musicians Gear conductor's music stand on sale for $12.99 shipped in the US.

Thanks, yes, the link took me to it today - weird! :)

(I like the look of those, & it's a good price, if you're in the US.)

Top Bottom