Ever buy 2 of the same uke?

Confession time, yes, I have two Flight sopranos. I bought the second because I like them and it was really cheap. Then I kicked myself as I didn't need it. And yet I can't seem to let it go. I thought I'd put one in the car and have one at work, but I like having them in the house. They're not just cute and easy to play, with Aquila red strings they sound really good. Nonetheless, I'm sure one is living on borrowed time.

I came very close to buying a second Cordoba 24T.
My wife and I were in a Guitar Center that had one with the most gorgeous spalted maple back and sides.. I was seriously tempted, and my wife was OK with it. But I didn't.

Not at the same time.. but...

Years back I bought a Bruko 6 soprano. Sold it on and immediately regretted it. Bought another.

Couple of years later - sold that. Regretted it. Bought another.

So that is 3 Bruko 6 sopranos at various times!

I have two similar Brüko slim sopranos. The intention was to have one tuned GCEA and the other ADF#B. The latter has the arched back, and being a later model with traditional bridge has turned out to be in many ways superior; so much so that if I could afford it I'd buy another just in case the other gets damaged.

yes I have but only once, the uke was a Mainland cedar/rosewood tenor, I gigged with it for 5 years and it got battered, but fair play to it, that uke never let me down, I loved that uke so much, I bought another one, it is just as reliable, resonant and tough as the first one i bought, a definite keeper that I will never part with

Took the plunge on another Cordoba tenor. My cutaway is obviously older, the top has darkened alot by comparison with the newer one. Both have cool flame on the back.

10.jpg
11.jpg

Cool! the new one has an image of the bride of Frankenstein wearing a gas mask, and the cutaway has one of those Ancient alien depictions from a cave in Tblisi or something..

One fall I won three Waterman ukes almost back to back. I kept giving them away and as soon as I got rid of one, I would win another.

One fall I won three Waterman ukes almost back to back. I kept giving them away and as soon as I got rid of one, I would win another.

Wish I had your kind of luck with winning!

I have two Kanile'a K-1Ts. The first one I bought used on Ebay. It has a blonde-ish koa gloss body. I bought the second on Reverb because it had exactly the type of flamed (tiger-striped?) koa I had been looking for. I have one strung with Living Waters Low-G. The other came with a set of Worth Brown Low-Gs which I like very much as well.

Both are beautiful looking and great sounding keepers.

I won an Ohana Vita Uke from an on-line drawing (Making Music magazine) I entered here on UU. I love it. Then, when UU member had one for sale, I bought the rosewood version of the same from him. So I have two.

(Then, when I found out that the Vita Uke Case fits my soprano Firefly banjo uke, I bought another one of those cases...)

-Kurt​

My kind of luck? They were Watermans.

;) I had about the same luck a few years ago, was gifted one of those tiny ipod shuffles, then won one at a work drawing. Gave one to my son and sold the other one...

Last edited:
;) I had about the same luck a few years ago, was gifted one of those tiny ipod shuffles, then won one at a work drawing. Gave one to my son and sold the other one...

I gave my Watermans to people who I wanted to discourage from learning to play the ukulele.

Top Bottom