Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Making Love (Roberta Flack)

Default Making Love (Roberta Flack)

I think this song is sometimes confused with Roberta Flack's bigger hit entitled "Feel Like Making Love." This song was composed by Burt Bacharach, Bruce Roberts, and Carole Bayer Sager and was the theme song of a movie. I really like this song and wanted to give it a try. Hope you like my rendition.

I at first thought it was going to be the other song I must admit, and must also admit I can’t remember having heard this one before. But nice song and rendition John. You must have quite a ‘back catalogue’ built up now. X
    Luv n stuff, Dave

* GUITARS
    Freshman Apollo 6 string electro acoustic
    50yr old EKO 12 string jumbo
    American Fender Stratocaster deluxe
    American Gibson SG Special
    Ibanez GSR200 BASS

* UKES
    Ozark 2035 banjole
    Kmise tenor banjole
    Cordoba 22T-CE Tenor
    Kala KA-CE electro acoustic

* OTHERS
    Kawai KM-10 Grand piano & Technics KN-2000 keyboard

Thanks, Dave! I think I have 400+ ukulele covers on YouTube. I should count. I have a goal of reaching 500.

I really like your strumming. There is something about it that made it so different from others !
    Thumb ups John !

Great song, your videos always bring a smile to my face! Also, I love fade outs...
    Laurence

Martin T-1 Tenor
    YT Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/SeattleUke

Thanks, Brenda! I have maybe two or three favorite strumming patterns that I seem to just use naturally without thinking about it, and they seem to cover most songs!

Thanks, Laurence! I actually edited the ending of another take onto this take because I wanted the audio fade out to be a couple measures longer, so the visual fade out helped to hide that.

John, that was great, uke and voice nicely balanced, and that keyboards was a perfect touch. I haven't heard that one for decades, she was very talented. What's that uke? I don't recognize that headstock logo.
    John

Thanks, John! I really appreciate it. The ukulele is a Kanilea SoundMonster. The KU was their old logo before it got fancier.

John, thank you again for your rendition of a long-forgotten and newly-remembered song. Very nice.

Bill
    Last edited by BillM; 01-30-2019 at 04:09 AM. Reason: Typing before morning coffee input

Thanks, Bill! I really appreciate it! Heh heh, I need coffee in the morning, too!

Thread Information