Uke lust

I hear there are meds that may help ;-)

Side effects may include: uncontrollable desire to buy and play trombones, fits of uncontrollable laughter, hair turning frizzy, tongue turning blue glen plaid. Please see your doctor for advice.

Last edited:
Buy another ... if you get a used one, and one that will sell well on the forum. Your out of pocket cost is not a lot.

Doctor, doctor...give me the news, I gotta... bad case of lovin' ukes :p

Very clever........and a catchy tune to boot. Well played sir :cool:

Simon Please don’t stop Downupdave. He needs to keep buying!
He is saving me a lot of money in the last four years ! Please don’t stop!

Yes, Dave has saved both of us lots of money ... but you have still collected quite a few for your own Ohana ... lol.

Yes, Dave has saved both of us lots of money ... but you have still collected quite a few for your own Ohana ... lol.

Yea me you and Solorule are like the Three Musketeers...........or maybe the Three Stooges.

Buy them now, buy them all now before you're dead and buried is my motto. Life is short but you can make it very wide. Next question:p

Please allow me to use the advice from our UU friend KVehe - Kathryn. She said buy now so you don’t have to wonder for the rest of your life!

Meds would only help by draining the budget faster. I know which I'd rather be addicted to. Meds are for the moment, ukuleles are for a lifetime! And they never haul you to jail you if you resell your ukes. (Besides, how do you strum a pill?) If your uke addiction drives you out of your home, you've got enough material to build one classy hut by the river, and with musical skills you can busk rather than panhandle, with better return. Maybe it would be better to cure drug addiction with ukes.

Exactly! (Uke) music heals!

And it's like Sam wrote... "How bad is your UAS?"
Notice he didn't say "do you have UAS?"

Last edited:
Exactly! (Uke) music heals!

And it's like Sam wrote... "How bad is your UAS?"
Notice he didn't say "do you have UAS?"

Its all a matter of perspective ... we all have it ... lol. Still looking for a lovely slightly used Spruce top tenor with a radius fretboard and sound port.

This is either the worst best advice ever or best worst advice ever (or somewhere in between) :D.
Uke lust still is at least more manageable (space & money-wise) than some other lusts for objects made out of wood... sailboat lust, ski lust, guitar lust.... to name a few.

Re: medicine... In all reality, ukes could be construed as "durable medical equipment".

Please allow me to use the advice from our UU friend KVehe - Kathryn. She said buy now so you don’t have to wonder for the rest of your life!

in all, you need to buy used only, and at a bargain price....play for a while, get you fun, and then sell used again at bargain price to someone else on forum.....its the only way to sustain the hobbie of trying new ukes out and experimenting with new stuff.....unless your wealthy and can afford to lose a bundle of money...

Life is short but you can make it very wide.

This is my new favorite quote. There are so many things in my life that make it "wide." Taking my raft & my kayak into the wilderness with friends makes it wide. Playing my ukulele and making music with friends, at church, and just for me makes it wide. And yes..... searching for & getting a new uke makes it wide. Right now I'm in downsize mode with my ukuleles & enjoying the ones I have. But I'm always on the lookout and all those NAMM videos aren't helping.

Freshly sanded Koa Noseplugs work for me...for a while.

Uke longa, vita brevis

Re: medicine... In all reality, ukes could be construed as "durable medical equipment".

And that's the problem - my insurance doesn't cover Durable Medical Equipment.

And if I tried to list the ukes as "anti-psychotic medication", they'd ask how many I have, and that would be Game Over.

I became a plugged in player and so am able to control "uke lust" by focusing on plugged in sound quality. That way, my sound is determined by the quality of the electronics installed (assuming a line in to a quality PA/monitor). It really doesn't matter if it is a $300 Pono or a $1000+ Ko'olau... a L.R. Baggs Five.O sounds like a L.R. Baggs Five.O. This way I can buy a couple of different "player's ukes" with quality pickups for a reasonable price and my ukelust is set... at least until they come out with future pickup technologies, haha.

Last edited:
Top Bottom