Uke lust

I’m experiencing a terrible combination of circumstances..... home sick with terrible bronchitis, big snow storm outside, bored and surfing the net, 2019 Kanilea ukes from NAMM starting to pop up on HMS website, and tax refund on the way. No No No.......Resist!

Ohh, their new Pineapple looks too delicious!

I like the pineapple side soundport....mmmm..mm

I'm wanting a Koaloha tenor koa in a bad way. Mim has 2 in stock...........

The bug has bitten me lately. I just bought my 5th uke when I said I was done after getting my 4th. I haven't even received my 5th one yet when I discovered another uke I want. I'm drawing the line at 5 so if I end up getting the uke I'm currently lusting after I'm going to have to let one of my other loves go.

I’ve acquired so many ukes in such a short time. I managed to sell five within the last three weeks. So proud that I’m finally being proactive in thinning the herd. Sad to say, I’ve acquired three within the same timeframe. When UAS strikes, I’m helpless. My friends said I need intervention. What to do, what to do? The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.... :(

I see a uke that I would like to have every day. My way of thinking is that it is futile to keep buying ukuleles because there are so many that I like and want, that I could never have them all, so what's the use? I know that I can never win that game. Same with strings.

The new Kanileas are sweet looking & sound great too. But as I listen to the sound samples of the new concerts, they have a lot of the same tone as my aNueNue Moon Bird, so that sameness curbed my enthusiasm. I just sold another really nice ukulele because of that sameness of sound. I have the Moon Bird, and a KoAloha that has a totally different sound. I do wish sometimes that my KoAloha wasn't a gloss finish, had UPT tuners, and had a MiSi pick-up. I know those are things I could change, but it's a 2006 with the old style friction tuners & it seems like sacriledge to change anything on it. Every so often I think about selling it & getting a Pikake or Rosette concert. That would give me the features I want & the sound I want, but my current KoAloha sounds so great, and switching doesn't seem practical.

But stil ....... I window shop.

Top Bottom