WTT K. YAIRI Ichigo Ichie

ukulately

Reaction score
K. YAIRI Ichigo Ichie

It's a kinda weird Japanese 4 string steel string 'baritone' uke. A little like a Tenor Guitar but has a wider spacing than the other TGs I have played so it feels more like a uke. High quality instrument, beautifully made, solid wood top (spruce maybe??) and comes in a groovy bespoke soft bag.

www.yairi.co.jp

www.yairi.co.jp/fmc/index.html&sl=ja&tl=en&hl=&ie=UTF-8

Here's mine:

https://imgur.com/a/gp1OkXF

Not sure what to ask so am going for a trade:
I know I 'm dreaming but looking for Koaloha T2 (tenor neck sop) probably + cash from me.
I'm down to one uke atm !! so will consider anything. Let me have it.

Cool looking bari uke. Really fun and unique.

Yairi has always made great guitars. I bet that thing has a sweet tone!

That 2nd link doesn't work for some reason. Try this:

http://www.yairi.co.jp/fmc/nirai.html

There are 2 varieties, mine is the cheaper one with the laminated back and sides and going rate is more like 650 not 1000.
Tuning can be anything like TG - i have it set up like a uke ... of course: DGBE.
Scale length ... is listed as 630mm. I thought that couldn't be right but then compared it to my Bari, which turns out to be quite a bit shorter. So I measured and sure enough ... 630mm. I found it hard to believe because I normally hate longer scale string things. This feels much easier to play than any of the various Tenor Guitars I've tried over the years. Must be a combination of comfortable neck and nut width I guess. Don't like those narrow nuts!

Thought I'd give this a little bump.

Also interested in something electric. Have had a couple of RISA sticks and am on the fence about them. I think I might end up with one again one day and give it a good go through a decent preamp.

Also had an Eastwood Airline electric uke that I foolishly sold to a friend. He's keeping it! Would love another one of those or similar ... Godin Multiuke, Pono TE etc etc.

Wide neck Tenor maybe ...

Open to suggestions ...

Don't make me use EBAY people!

Do you have a sound sample please?

K. YAIRI Ichigo Ichie

It's a kinda weird Japanese 4 string steel string 'baritone' uke. A little like a Tenor Guitar but has a wider spacing than the other TGs I have played so it feels more like a uke. High quality instrument, beautifully made, solid wood top (spruce maybe??) and comes in a groovy bespoke soft bag.

www.yairi.co.jp

www.yairi.co.jp/fmc/index.html&sl=ja&tl=en&hl=&ie=UTF-8

Here's mine:

https://imgur.com/a/gp1OkXF

Not sure what to ask so am going for a trade:
I know I 'm dreaming but looking for Koaloha T2 (tenor neck sop) probably + cash from me.
I'm down to one uke atm !! so will consider anything. Let me have it.

Are you able to provide a sound sample please? I've checked YouTube and can't find anything. It reminds me of those triangular Canadian school ukes, but much more stylish.

I'll try to get something together. I had recorded something on my laptop but the sound quality was terrible. I'll try something else.

Thought I'd give this a bump. I'd forgotten I even put it up for sale!

Wow!
Bet that's one Jerry doesn't have yet!
It could stand up like a Fluke except for that strap peg...

Top Bottom