FS D'Angelico Acoustic Concert Archtop

Pete Howlett

Reaction score
FS D'Angelico Acoustic Archtop Soprano Ukulele

In near perfect condition this is the real deal in beautiful sunburst green. I'm not sure they are still in production but if you are an aficionado of these beauties you'll no doubt be able to tell me that. Available almost exclusively in Japan this one currently resides in the UK. Unlike the currently available from Japan this DOES NOT have a pickup.

DAngelico.jpg

This is not my image. I'll only send images to serious buyers. These things are like hens' teeth so I am asking $795 or £600. New they are about $1600. This one has very little player wear, was purchased in Japan, comes with original HSC with red handle and is a delight.

Shipping - in the UK will be £50. Anywhere else is $120

I bought it as a wall hanger because it is so beautiful to look at. However, I got a tax bill to make...

Player warning - this is a 'scaled' design based on the eponymous D'Angelico jazz arch top guitar. As a replica of the guitar engineered as a ukulele, the cheeks on the headstock immediately behind the nut are not as generous as you would find on a standard ukulele. The upshot is you generally have to adjust your hand position while playing first position chords but it's a jazz uke right? So that won't be a problem will it :)

Last edited:
Okay, which is it? Concert or soprano?

There are a couple of videos on You-Tube and also one of Corey (HMS) on Vimeo, but those may be the concert size models.

Last edited:
I thought it was a concert but fact checking it appears they consider it a soprano. I certainly bought it as a 'concert'. I'll check again the scale length and compare it with the description of the sopranos on sale in Japan.

Top Bottom