Aquila string on a Mya-Moe Tenor

MDL

Reaction score
I have a Mya-Moe tenor that has Worth strings on it. I just changed strings on it for the first time using Worth strings and the knots were a bear to tie..very slippery. Anyone else ever had this problem? Also, any Mya-Moe owners using Aquila strings (high G).

I have a Mya-Moe tenor that has Worth strings on it. I just changed strings on it for the first time using Worth strings and the knots were a bear to tie..very slippery. Anyone else ever had this problem? Also, any Mya-Moe owners using Aquila strings (high G).

The design of the bridge where the string goes through and wraps around is wider then most. I have found it takes three or even four wraps when making the knots to get the last wrap over the back edge, then it holds.

Thanks!

The design of the bridge where the string goes through and wraps around is wider then most. I have found it takes three or even four wraps when making the knots to get the last wrap over the back edge, then it holds.

Thanks for the tip, DownUpDave! I'll give it a try. Thanks again!

I don't know what strings are on mine, but tying knots in those strings can be difficult, especially thicker strings. One way around this is to use more string to tie the knot, assuming the string is long enough. Given enough string, you can not only knot easily :), you can also pull it tight, letting it slip until it gets to that gripping point. Putting an extra loop in the string would also help. Again, you have to use enough excess string to make maneuvering the string easy.

On ukes that require a knot on the end of the string, as on a Martin, tying an end knot or stopper knot is better than tying a simple overhand knot.

https://www.google.com/search?q=end.....69i57j0l5.1991j0j1&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Last edited:
I found that the Worth Browns seemed very slippery and I had an A string on my MyaMoe Tenor slip right out. Putting an extra wrap on the knot solved it fine. I also leave a little longer tail now and clip it after it settles a bit. The Worths almost felt like there was some extrusion lubrication/non-stick substance on them. But nothing came off the strings, so that may just be my imagination.

Enjoy your MyaMoe. They are terrific. I think Living Waters sound really good on my koa tenor. (Low-G.)

Thanks, Kenn!

I found that the Worth Browns seemed very slippery and I had an A string on my MyaMoe Tenor slip right out. Putting an extra wrap on the knot solved it fine. I also leave a little longer tail now and clip it after it settles a bit. The Worths almost felt like there was some extrusion lubrication/non-stick substance on them. But nothing came off the strings, so that may just be my imagination.

Enjoy your MyaMoe. They are terrific. I think Living Waters sound really good on my koa tenor. (Low-G.)

Thanks, Kenn! I appreciate your input! --Mark

Top Bottom