Wanna play your ukulele in your car?

dcuttler

Reaction score
Having come up with a way to keep my slippery plastic ukulele from sliding off my lap when playing in my car, I found I also needed a way to hold my sheet music when sitting in the driver's seat. I came up with an inexpensive, and simple fix.

Rummaging through my wife's collection of clothes hangers, the solution was right in front of me; a plastic hanger with 3 spring clips. I removed the hook, and glued on 2 strips of velcro type straps. I used E600, which glues almost anything. The straps have hooks on one side and loops on the other side. It comes in rolls, and you cut off what you need with a scissors.

As you can see in the attached photos, it worked perfectly.

Attachments

• 20190128_131328.jpg
    20190128_131328.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 57
  • 20190130_075010.jpg
    20190130_075010.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 61
  • 20190130_075120.jpg
    20190130_075120.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 58
brilliant!

Lots of thought went into it. Why is it the you are playing in your car? Seems like a difficult place to play regardless of the ingenuity.

Clever! With the Velcro straps you can remove it when not in use. I also note that it will hold a fair size book.

Lots of thought went into it. Why is it the you are playing in your car? Seems like a difficult place to play regardless of the ingenuity.
I always leave for work early in case of traffic delays, which means that I often get there with lots of time to kill. Also many times I will drive with my wife somewhere and wait for her in the parking lot.

How often do you go to a store only to find out that it doesn't open for another half hour or more? Out comes the ukulele! It beats surfing the internet on your smartphone.

I'll send thoughts and prayers to the drivers around you lol.
Merry Christmas.jpg
Don't think I can ride with one attached to one of my mopeds

Last edited:
You should get patent before self driving cars are available in town.

This patent is as important as Kamaka's pineapple.

Having come up with a way to keep my slippery plastic ukulele from sliding off my lap when playing in my car, I found I also needed a way to hold my sheet music when sitting in the driver's seat. I came up with an inexpensive, and simple fix.

Rummaging through my wife's collection of clothes hangers, the solution was right in front of me; a plastic hanger with 3 spring clips. I removed the hook, and glued on 2 strips of velcro type straps. I used E600, which glues almost anything. The straps have hooks on one side and loops on the other side. It comes in rolls, and you cut off what you need with a scissors.

As you can see in the attached photos, it worked perfectly.

I'm astounded, using this device would come close to getting you jailed in Australia.:eek:

Top Bottom