New Fred Shields on the way!

Astein2006

Reaction score
Hi all. I'm very excited that my new Fred Shields ukulele is done and should be shipped any day now. It is a mahogany soprano with ebony nut/saddle and Gotoh UPT tuners. Will post pics as soon as I get it.
I will also post pics of the other Fred Shields ukulele I had made for me. It is a tenor. Spruce top with Cherry back and sides. Beautiful.
I figured I'd wait for the soprano to post both together.

Last edited:
Sounds great! We'll look forward to seeing those pics and getting your initial impressions on the soprano!

I am part of the Fred Shields fan club as well. He made me an all walnut pineapple super soprano with radiused fretboard, I like it a lot. Congratulations and I look forward to your double NUD. Don't be afraid to add lots of pictures, we loves us lots o' pictures:p

577A0473-BFFF-4455-B023-C17FF0111468.jpg

I helped Fred set up an account here, I bet he is reading this thread
Here is a picture of me with Mr Shields holding up two of my uke then he built me a pineapple few weeks later. I actually bought three from him the first visit. Cleaned him out ! I flew down from TORONTO to pick up downupdave pineapple last year.

It’s nice to hear you like it so much that you have him built a second one. That seems to be the norm with his customers. Most ordered second and then third. Look forward to your photos and review. By the way, Fred said Martin strings is the closest to what he strung .....he uses fishing line.

Top Bottom