Season 364 - In Someone Else's Shoes

Here's my contribution, in the vein of "Enough about me. Let's talk about you. What do you think of me?" As for my missed beats and the verse that I accidentally left out - as I often say at "work" - it's a journey. (in case you're wondering, the lost verse is about the plants in my yard.)

Greetings,

I feel so bad about not having had time in several weeks to listen and comment on all of your beautiful vids! Maybe tomorrow I'll be able to check some out. I did a different take on this theme, looking at the perspective of wanting someone to read your mind, and being able to read theirs. So...here goes a Gordon Lightfoot song. I used shoes and feet and some artsy stuff to try to create a movie.

Ciao

A Crystal Gayle song that is clearly from a woman's point of view and I don't think would stand up to any gender changing.

Nature? Nurture? Both? By the end of the song, you'll agree with the guy.

This is a Richard Thompson song, that he played on one of the French Frith Kaiser Thompson albums.

This is an original song I wrote in 2007. I played it in the Seasons once before. It involves meeting a lot of people who have no interest in being superheroes, it just happens that they can...do some things.

Lyrics:

You took a wrong turn, but you ended up all right
Newly awakened like day from night
Don't let this place confound you
There's amazing people all around you

My name is Tessaly Bligh
You may catch a glimpse as I pass by
My shape doesn't hold the eye
I step between the photons of the afternoon sunlight
And you perceive me as a whispering sky

You ask today a question from your Glade of Solitude
And I might answer if I'm in the mood
No matter how you try for private reverie
You just can't hide half as good as me

You've crossed over into my world now, welcome, welcome, welcome
You're no longer on the journey that you planned on
And all your map reads is "Here Be Dragons"

Pleased to meet you, I'm Callister McGee
Got flowers growing from the back of my knee
All those shoots and tendrils yearning to be free
They reach out for the soil greedily
I'm gonna plant this world like Johnny Appleseed

You've crossed over into my world now, welcome, welcome, welcome
There's something growing from the very spot you stand on
And the whispering sky tells you "Here Be Dragons"

They call me Shaky Wilson for the tremor in my hands
I'm palsied and I'm piebald and I'm hard to understand
I shiver up the molecules till time and space expand
And open up a doorway, takes you right to distant lands
Would you like to climb a mountain now, or laze upon the sands?

Horace Wilkie and Tabitha Beam
Play their erotic games inside your dreams
Your most unsavory desires are not quite what they seem
It's just them in your psyche letting off some steam
And when you wake up, they smile with eyes a-gleam

The world's a bigger place now than it was this morning
Reality took half a twist without any warning
There's nymphs in the woodlands and satyrs in the fields
An entrance to another realm hitherto concealed
And your suitcase is lying by the side of the road abandoned
As you wait for your first glimpse of the unicorns and dragons

The Mole In The Hole

First song I thought of when I saw this Season's theme. First chance I've had to record it. :)

It's Monday on Hawaii, so the Season 364 has ended. Thank you so much, everybody, for walking in someone else's shoes! A wrap will follow later this week. And now - to Randy's season and to Hawaii!

Wrap - Season 364

Aloha Seasonistas, this is the wrap of Season 364.

We had 83 songs from 41 Seasonistas. It's remarkable that 22 of those songs were originals - well done!

The submissions were entertaining, touching and thought provoking. There is a nice symmetry - the Season started and ended with animals (underground): the first song was Pabrizzer's original "Pit Pony" and the last one was redpaul1's "The Mole In The Hole".

Of course, besides animals and fantastic creatures, there were many songs about all kinds of people. For example, dramatic teenagers, murderers and house wives. The longest song was Bernie's (barbablanca) "Last Flight of Surhin's Katyusha" and the shortest was Andy's (Desert Pavement) "I'm A Little Teapot".

Thank you everyone so much for playing, listening and commenting!

The prizes - the shoelaces - go to:
- ukulele extra cheese for his two fun originals ("Sports Car" and "I Wish I Had A Sandwich")
- LimousinLil for her fine performances and videos, but also for her spirit, esprit and kind comments in YouTube
- RAB11 for stepping into three pairs of different shoes with his "Jolene", "Colors of the Wind" and "Somebody That I Used To Know"

I think the Seasons are something very special, going on week after week: Somebody suggests a theme and there is this group of great people who are ready to play ukulele and to play by the rules, to use their creativity and talent.

Thank you all again.
Long live the Seasons!

Oh, Ylle THANK YOU ... and for the kind words! I hope the shoe laces will fit in my Doc Martens. Thanks so much for a very imaginative and stimulating theme, and I agree - The Seasons are (is?) special!

thank you for a great and very inspiring season! congrats to the winners! the seasons - not just about plinking (which of course is wonderful enough! :music:) but also about engaging the little grey cells!

Wow thanks Ylle! I was quite proud of what I put up this week, glad you liked it too!

thank you for a great and very inspiring season! congrats to the winners! the seasons - not just about plinking (which of course is wonderful enough! :music:) but also about engaging the little grey cells!

Well that's me buggered then...:smileybounce::smileybounce::smileybounce:

Greetings,

Thanks Ylle for hosting and congrats to all! I am sorry again for my limited participation, trying to figure out how to juggle the new job and listening and playing all the vids. Great group - and fantastic host.

Ciao

Top Bottom