Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 364 - In Someone Else's Shoes

Quote Originally Posted by bird's eye view of my ukelele View Post
    a little homemade-y, from the point of view of a ukulele

You beat me to it! I was also working on a song from an ukuleles point of view.
    Anyway, mine wasnt coming together right, so I guess Ill leave it be.
    Ohana SK30M mahogany super-soprano, Cort UKEBWCOP Blackwood concert, Anuenue African Mahogany Tenor, Fluke Koa Tenor, Hora M1176 spruce Tenor

This Tom T. Hall song is a real melancholy favorite of mine. Traveling musicians can really relate to this song, and I know I can, cause when you move away from home, and are on the road, you really lose touch with what's going on in the lives of your family back home, and they have no idea what you're really doing. You feel weird, and guilty, when you go back for a short visit.

Season 364. Submission 2. "I Wanna Be Free" (Written by Tommy Boyce and Bobby Hart for the Monkees first album (1966) and released by the Monkees as a single in 1967.)

When I was young, i adored this song. The fact that Davy Jones was the vocalist was largely responsible. Yet also, that was a time when the idea of being "free to be you and me" was championed by the young. The idea of loving being free and loving the companionship of another walked hand in hand in the rosy glow of those sunsets. All those years ago. The voice in this song? It carries through time and I hear it as the voice of someone who very, very easily walked barefoot or wore moccasins instead of shoes. The voice of someone who so easily loved and kept walking. The voice of someone else. I hope that you find it will fit your theme.

Thank you again, Ylle, for this lovely week of music.

Never judge a man (WeeOriginal)
    A song based on a Billy Connolly joke, and done in a Russian style.
    Last edited by wee_ginga_yin; 02-06-2019 at 08:27 PM.
    HyperBob says: Scottish steel and Irish fire, that's the weapon I desire
    My Youtube Ukulele channel
    My Youtube Gardening channel

Quote Originally Posted by UkingViking View Post
    You beat me to it! I was also working on a song from an ukuleles point of view.
    Anyway, mine wasnt coming together right, so I guess Ill leave it be.
    NOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! i'm a gazillion percent sure the season could use at LEAST two songs from a ukulele's viewpoint!!!
    lynda

metal guru is it you?

Another nightmare in the video department. Crashing, not synchronising, not recording.
    Swapped it all to a different PC and seemingly sort of cured.

The POV ,or "Someone Else's Shoes ",or paws in this case is a wise old bear
    (he thinks that he's wise anyway) dispensing advice to a youngster. Well,a man cub !!

From the point of view of a poor white southerner in the last year of the American Civil War:

I am a fan of many artists but my adoration for Jim Croce goes well beyond that to past the point of normality. He is a fantastic songwriter, performer, and story teller. I love the dude. This is one of his stories about lovers that drifted apart.

Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/BuddyJesusSmokes
    http://www.reverbnation.com/musician/ohmless
    Ukulele start date: November 1st, 2013
    Cordoba 15CM concert uke

The perils of playing a pretty basic song by musicians who kick it up with their jaw-dropping chops. Stick to the basics and hope it comes out OK. This is by the great James Nash of the Waybacks.

Martin C1K • Famous by Kiwaya FS-1 <yippee!!> • Ohana CK-50WG concert (solid cedar top) • Ohana SK-35G solid mahogany soprano <yay!!> • Firefly maple concert banjolele <yee-haw!> • Flea koa soprano • Lanikai LU22CFM laminate flame maple concert • Islander MAT-4 spalted maple tenor • Makala MK-CE concert • Woodrow "Steelers" soprano <eyeroll>

Raleigh Uke Jam:

My YouTube page

I loved this song by The Cars when I was 14, and I love it just as much now at 54. I did it awhile back, but happy to do it again, took me awhile to figure out how to approach it the first time I learned it, but now that I have, it super fun to play and sing.

Thread Information