Has anyone tried a multi screen video?

How much of a pain probably depends on the app being used. I edit with Final Cut Pro 10.4.5, which has become in my opinion, the best video editing app made. Putting together multiple clips, adding Ken Burns effects, zooming, cropping, color correction has become so much simpler than ever before. I know most people want to use free apps, especially on Windows, but they're not as efficient, even iMovie, which is a basic version of Final Cut. I will only use FCPX on a Mac.

I recently did a video for Otis School of Arts and Design in Los Angeles shot with one camera, but I cut it with crops that made it look like I shot three cameras. I also shot my uke group, The CC Strummers, with three cameras, cutting them together with Ken Burns effects. I do plan on doing something with multiscreen where the screens move into the center to feature that clip, then back.

9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 8 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 33)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video

Last night I did a quick test of multi clips on one window, had to look up the help and found it takes some knowledge of the process to get it to happen. That's probably the best advice, even the simplest app has a learning curve and needs some education, which is the way I approach doing my editing.

9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 8 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 33)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video

Talking about editing...if you have an iPad (or iPhone) Luma Fusion is pretty wonderful. Not as fully featured as Final Cut Pro, but easier to use and still very powerful. I do about 99% of my video editing with it.

Top Bottom