Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UAS sustaining theory.....how to keep it going

Default UAS sustaining theory.....how to keep it going

another thread made me think.....how I sustain my UAS

1. Basically if you buy high or Brand New and try to sell high and recover your investment, you have a long long wait...maybe forever....

2.If you Buy high sell low......Great for buyer, not so great for seller who takes a beating.

3. If you buy Low (great deal) and sell low ( great deal to someone else)
    we all benefit...passing the deal around to uke community to help us all with trying new stuff....( lets face it, most UAS aquistions do not stay forever in the uke stable, sooner or later, we kick them out to make room for a new member, ha):

I am a bargain hunter, not ashamed of that... but if I get a great deal...I should offer a great deal to someone else on the forum when its time to move it out ......so if I buy a great uke for $300 shipped as an example, I should sell it for $300 shipped.
    Last edited by uketanzon; 02-03-2019 at 09:06 AM.
    (Originally a Northern Yankee
    But now a good old southern boy)

Martin IZ Commenorative Tenor
    Koaloha Long Neck Soprano Koa
    Koaloha Opio Acacia Longneck Soprano
    Kamaka 100 year anniversary model hf-1
    Pono Acaia Taropatch 8 string
    Loprinzi soprano mahogany
    Cocobolo ukuleles soprano
    Southern Cross Banjo Concert
    Goldtone little gem concert banjo

Hmm, I bought all but one of my ukes new, I gave away a few of the cheaper ones that I started out with, but the rest, I don't intend giving away or selling any time soon, probably never.

But then again, I have stopped buying them.
    Trying to do justice to various musical instruments.

If anything I spent years (and succeeded) in quashing UAS. Happy with what I own now and don't need any more.

Each to their own!
    The GOT A UKULELE REVIEWS DATABASE!

www.gotaukulele.com - uke reviews, songs, tips & tricks for beginners!

Help Support Got A Ukulele!

Ukes include (!) Kanile'a K1 Tenor, Tinguitar custom solid tenor, Fluke, Flea, Kamaka HF-1, Koaloha KTM-00, Tinguitar Reclaimed Mahogany soprano

Quote Originally Posted by bazmaz View Post
    If anything I spent years (and succeeded) in quashing UAS. Happy with what I own now and don't need any more.

Each to their own!
    Just Curios, Baz, did you buy that Kiwaya Long neck china made soprano you recently reviewed?
    (Originally a Northern Yankee
    But now a good old southern boy)

Martin IZ Commenorative Tenor
    Koaloha Long Neck Soprano Koa
    Koaloha Opio Acacia Longneck Soprano
    Kamaka 100 year anniversary model hf-1
    Pono Acaia Taropatch 8 string
    Loprinzi soprano mahogany
    Cocobolo ukuleles soprano
    Southern Cross Banjo Concert
    Goldtone little gem concert banjo

Quote Originally Posted by bazmaz View Post

Each to their own!
    Easy to say when uke makers send you their wares to try out.

That's most of UAS for me - a desire to try out ukuleles I can't find in brick and mortar stores in my area. For that reason, I typically buy second hand ukes exclusively. Otherwise I'd lose my shirt trying to sell the ukes that don't work out for me.
    Bruko No. 6; Kiwaya KS-1; Kiwaya KTS-4; Mainland Mahogany Classic; Mainland Red Cedar; Ohana SK-28; Cahaya CY-0112; Kiwaya KTC-1; Musicguymic's "Kolohe" concert; Cordoba 24T; Cordoba 30T; Kanilea Islander MST-4; Cordoba 24B

See my post on "Gambling"

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Yankee View Post
    Easy to say when uke makers send you their wares to try out.
    I'm pretty sure Baz actually buys most, if not all, the ukes he reviews on his site, (sells them off afterwards, to fund the next ones).
    Trying to do justice to various musical instruments.

It took me a few years before I thought I should get a better uke than the $25 instrument I bought at an ABC store in Hawaii. : ) That led me to KoAloha. After buy a couple of new ukes, a friend told me about used ukes on UU and Reverb. A whole new world opened up.

I used to look at what ukes were for sale online every day. Now, I'm more concerned with which of mine I should sell. I think bargains are few and far between. Why would someone be willing to sell an expensive ukulele at a low price unless he doesn't realize it's worth a lot? I think an unusually low price indicates ignorance on the part of the seller, although it can be a windfall for the buyer. I sold twenty-two ukes last year, and I aim at getting 70% of the new price I paid. If I bought it used, I try to sell it for that price. All my ukes (54) are in as good condition as when I bought them, and most are like new. A couple I have are old, and they show the signs of years of use, but that's fine with me.

I'm a bargain hunter, too, but ukulele bargains are rare. Basically, I try to avoid over-paying, and I'm willing to wait for a reasonable price. I'm through buying unless something special comes along - like the M-M resonator I bought recently.
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!

It depends a lot I suppose on disposable income. For some buying a ukulele is a huge chunk out of the budget that could be used for more important things. For others, they don't have to be worried about coming up with the money to pay the bills. It is all relative.
    I don't want to live in a world that is linear.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...tective+Agency

Quote Originally Posted by Croaky Keith View Post
    I'm pretty sure Baz actually buys most, if not all, the ukes he reviews on his site, (sells them off afterwards, to fund the next ones).
    ooops... well, it's good then that I like the flavor of my own foot
    Bruko No. 6; Kiwaya KS-1; Kiwaya KTS-4; Mainland Mahogany Classic; Mainland Red Cedar; Ohana SK-28; Cahaya CY-0112; Kiwaya KTC-1; Musicguymic's "Kolohe" concert; Cordoba 24T; Cordoba 30T; Kanilea Islander MST-4; Cordoba 24B

Thread Information