Long distance collaboration

I don't have a smart phone.

I'm already thinking of giving up on this idea. Sounds like being high tech is necessary, and I don't have the necessary items, or experience using the technology.
I thought it would be doable with my laptop, but I guess not. Too bad. I was excited about the possibility.

This is easily doable for a newbie without a smart phone or huge investment in learning funky or complicated recording apps.

Did you not see my post #10 above? click here to read it

All you need is a webcam and to create an account on one of those services, and everything else is done "in the cloud" with that service.

Even if you are low tech or afraid of the effort to try, please do not give up just yet.

Take a deep breath and with a smile, say "I can do this", because I believe that YOU can :)

This is easily doable for a newbie without a smart phone or huge investment in learning funky or complicated recording apps.

Did you not see my post #10 above? click here to read it

All you need is a webcam and to create an account on one of those services, and everything else is done "in the cloud" with that service.

Even if you are low tech or afraid of the effort to try, please do not give up just yet.

Take a deep breath and with a smile, say "I can do this", because I believe that YOU can :)

Thanks, Joe. I'll give it a go again when I'm not having a fight with other technology. Some days nothing works right.

Actually, I don't have a webcam either. I really meant it when I said I'm low tech here, LOL. I've spent my money on ukuleles instead of technology. But, maybe it's time to save up for some techie things, too.

Sigh! It looks like you will just have to visit each other, it will probably cost the same amount in time and money as assembling the technology. Maybe, there is a nice place to spend a week or so in Spring or Summer half way between both of you?

That's a nice thought. :)

But if I take a deep breath, as Joe recommended, and don't give up, that would mean we could do this more than once, if it works out. And, maybe some other friends would be up for trying this, too, if it works out.

So, I'm taking that deep breath, and will find some time to be able to focus on this.

I'm realizing that step 1 is going to be to figure out what "click track" really means, vs. a metronome. That's how much of a novice I am with all this.

Are there any on-line courses for learning about all this stuff?

Top Bottom