Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Do You Use a Tablet, Rather than Books?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill1 View Post
    My mini iPad has suffered a similar fate, it has been slowed down to snail pace by OS changes.
    Right! I gave up on my slow iPad and switched to Kindle.
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Jerryc41 View Post
    The latest upgrades do not work with older machines. My Macs are from 2012, and I'm not updating the OS any more. I just hope it doesn't get to the point where I can't use them. It seems that 32-bit and 64-bit has become an issue with the latest OS.
    That's why I won't upgrade to Catalina. It's crawling doing an upgrade from Mavericks to Mojave. My tech guy said throw in a new SSD and more memory and it should be fine. I have a 2012 as well. After putting in the new drive/memory, if I needs another upgrade, I'm going back to windows.

Quote Originally Posted by captain-janeway View Post
    That's why I won't upgrade to Catalina. It's crawling doing an upgrade from Mavericks to Mojave. My tech guy said throw in a new SSD and more memory and it should be fine. I have a 2012 as well. After putting in the new drive/memory, if I needs another upgrade, I'm going back to windows.
    I put an SSD in my MacBook Pro, but putting one in a desktop involves too much disassembly. I'm sure I'd be able to take it apart, but putting it back together...

Quote Originally Posted by Jerryc41 View Post
    I put an SSD in my MacBook Pro, but putting one in a desktop involves too much disassembly. I'm sure I'd be able to take it apart, but putting it back together...
    On Mac mini it's not hard but of course Apple wants you to use tiny torx wrenches instead of Phillip's. For me the hard part is data transfer, and since I want it looked at anyway, I'll let the guy do it at shop.

My Mac is a 2013 and my last update was High Sierra. (I won't let it update automatically.) I will make sure not to update to the newest version.
    Jan >^..^<
    (AKA Chopped Liver)

You say 'Crazy Cat Lady' like it's a bad thing!

"Out of clutter, find simplicity." Albert Einstein

Jerry, & All, Is there a particular mount &/or holder you like, or anyone you know likes, for the 12.9" iPad.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubeistan View Post
    Jerry, & All, Is there a particular mount &/or holder you like, or anyone you know likes, for the 12.9" iPad.
    A couple of us have this one for the 10.1" Kindle.
    https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

A friend with the 12.9" uses this, and she also has one that grips the iPad for use on a stand.
    https://smile.amazon.com/AmazonBasic...&s=electronics

Quote Originally Posted by Bill1 View Post
    I think that using the devices to carry your music around is a great idea.

It is only the long term storage that I suggest you take care with.

Last night Catalina was updated and fixed most of the problems I was having on my laptop. Which was a good response from Apple.

But my mini-iPad and iPod are still adversely affected by software updates.
    When I had the choice of a $1,000 iPad or a $150 Kindle, it was a no-brainer. I also have the $60 (on sale) smaller Kindle, and that's fine when I have it on a table in front of me.

Iím currently using an iPad Pro I bought refurbished, 12.9Ē

Iím running SongBook, which auto scrolls, so no page turner needed

I use books for study. Thereís just too many of them to haul around
    Concert: Lanikai LU-21C (Southcoast MU)
    Soprano: Kala KA-PWS (Southcoast Machete)
    Baritone "Rennaissance Guitar": Kala KA-SBG (C-Linear with Worth BL-LGs currently.)
    Tenor: Kala ATP-CTG (Southcoast LMU-NW
    Tenor "Low G': Kala KA-FMTG (Southcoast LML-NW
    Tenor: Kala SRT-CTG-E (Southcoast LMU-NW
    Baritone "Nui": Pono NS-10 (Worth B-B)

Hi All, Back on the 4th December i asked a for help on the forum in choosing the best way forward to computerize my Lyric / Song/ and music library. The response was very prompt and most helpful. I did say i would come back and let all know when i had made my decision, so just to let you know i have (at the moment) gone for the Samsung Tab A6 10.1" and am amazed as how clear this reproduces a PDF. (Far Far clearer and more easily read than any paper sheet (even if the font is size 18+ my 65 yr old eyes struggle with paper.....& lots of it). I have recently also loaded "SongbookPro" and will maybe try another program when i become more efficient with all the tech. So thanks to all for your help, feedback and guidance... MUCH appreciated.

Thread Information