Can you believe I performed this on the Great Wall of China !?!?

Kmetzger

Reaction score
That's me in the video below, a little over a month ago, while in 18 degree (fahrenheit) weather, on the Great Wall of China. I played a song that I had previously recorded in a studio, for a recently released benefit album called "Born To Uke" - to benefit Little Kids Rock (who fund music education in underprivileged public schools - including the gifting of a huge number of ukuleles to these kids every year.)

The album also features Grammy winners Emily Saliers (of the Indigo Girls) and Sara Watkins (from Nickel Creek) - plus The Weepies, Will Kimbrough and others.

You can support this effort by listening to the album on Spotify or Apple Music, or downloading from your favorite online retailer (i.e. iTunes, Amazon, Google Play, etc.) And by sharing the video with your friends and commenting on this post. Thank you!

(Not my best performance, but it was soooo cold and I was trying to play with a glove I'd cut the finger tips off of! Try barring a chord with a finger covered in fabric! And: would have preferred playing this on my Moore Bettah, but given the cold and low humidity, I thankfully decided to instead bring my much less expensive Gretsch on this trip. So no offense to Chuck Moore!)

Please click the image below to start the video.

Last edited:
Thanks for your comments Brenda!

And it wasn't that windy as I recall, just way too cold for this SF Bay Area guy! But regardless - am grateful I was allowed to do that. Certainly ranks up there in my list of most memorable life experiences. (My daughter took the video, so that made it even more special.)

The song is brilliant!
And you have some mighty fine company on that album... Might be mine soon.

[EDIT: No CD?? Some oldsters like me have yet to begin their digital music collection.
Plus, you can put a bow on a CD and gift it...

Last edited:
The song is brilliant!
And you have some mighty fine company on that album... Might be mine soon.

[EDIT: No CD?? Some oldsters like me have yet to begin their digital music collection.
Plus, you can put a bow on a CD and gift it...

Sorry about having no physical CD. As there is no label behind this and all proceeds (except for the percent that itunes/amazon/etc. take) go to Little Kids rock, we didn't see it made sense to invest in physical inventory. But hope you'll buy the download or listen on Spotify. Thanks!

Top Bottom