Banish Misfortune

Great arrangement and fabulous playing, Laurence! I've heard many iterations of that tune, but yours really captured my fancy. Thanks for the smiles!
Jan D.

Love it!

John Colter

That almost got MY ageing bod out of the armchair and jigging around the room Laurence!
Thankfully, for the sake of my health and wellbeing at my advancing years, your performance was great, but I managed to refrain from such physical activity! lol
Well done buddy.

Great arrangement and fabulous playing, Laurence! I've heard many iterations of that tune, but yours really captured my fancy. Thanks for the smiles!
Jan D.
Thanks Jan, it was a joy to play so hopefully some of that came across in the vid.

Love it!

John Colter
Thanks John!

Wonderful, Laurence! That's some mean playing! I don't think you missed a beat! :)
Thanks John - I might have flubbed a few notes but I think a few mistakes add interest - that's my story anyway!

That almost got MY ageing bod out of the armchair and jigging around the room Laurence!
Thankfully, for the sake of my health and wellbeing at my advancing years, your performance was great, but I managed to refrain from such physical activity! lol
Well done buddy.
Steady on Dave, we don't want to go breaking something important! :) Thanks for the comment!

Great playing and just love your style. The thumb pick really drives things along. I first found this tune in a book by a tin whistle player in Leeds. It was a popular session piece in the local music pub. Never heard it played on the Ukulele before......just gorgeous!
Mike

Sounds really good, especially the double stops!

Thanks Chris - I like the double stops too!

Great playing and just love your style. The thumb pick really drives things along. I first found this tune in a book by a tin whistle player in Leeds. It was a popular session piece in the local music pub. Never heard it played on the Ukulele before......just gorgeous!
Mike
Thanks again Mike, I first heard this tune played by guitarist Richard Thompson and it's been a favorite ever since. I am probably not faithful to the original melody but to my mind, these tunes are open to some interpretation.

Top Bottom