Thread: NUD: Kamaka HF-2L

Thumbs up NUD: Kamaka HF-2L

Just arrived today and sounds beautiful. Concert with a Tenor scale neck. Nice player, full but smooth tone. I dig it. Just a little light ribbon figuring in the koa, but awful pretty.

This one's got some UU frequent flyer miles on it. rappsy brought it to UU in Florida, then on to sam13 in Canada, then to DownUpDave, out to Cali to Karndog, and then to me in Michigan.

Snapseed 3.jpg

Snapseed 4.jpg

Snapseed 5.jpg
    Mark
    Kamaka HF-2L Longneck Concert
    Kanile'a Custom Super Soprano

Congratulations Mark, you take nice pictures, it as beautiful as I remember. Enjoy it, this uke has a lot of good UU DNA
    Ukuleles.............yes please !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Desmodromic View Post
    Just arrived today and sounds beautiful. Concert with a Tenor scale neck. Nice player, full but smooth tone. I dig it. Just a little light ribbon figuring in the koa, but awful pretty.

This one's got some UU frequent flyer miles on it. rappsy brought it to UU in Florida, then on to sam13 in Canada, then to DownUpDave, out to Cali to Karndog, and then to me in Michigan.

Snapseed 3.jpg

Snapseed 4.jpg

Snapseed 5.jpg

Beautiful! Congrats on your new acquisition. Planning on string changes or happy with the current ones?
    Kanile’a K-2 Premium Concert
    Kala KA-CEM

If you Uke easy, life will be hard. If you Uke hard, life will be easy.

This was certainly a jewel to me when I received it. It was one of many that I played to find the Grail. This wasn't it for me, but it certainly is worthy of such a designation.

There are so many different brands and kinds because we all like something different. I am happy that it has found a home with someone who will love it.

Quote Originally Posted by DownUpDave View Post
    Congratulations Mark, you take nice pictures, it as beautiful as I remember. Enjoy it, this uke has a lot of good UU DNA
    Thank you, Dave! I really enjoy its UU heritage.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibes37 View Post
    Beautiful! Congrats on your new acquisition. Planning on string changes or happy with the current ones?
    Thank you! I'm very happy to have it. Currently has Southcoast Soft Light Medium Gauge strings on it, which sound great. I'll likely leave them for now but I'm sure I'll experiment. I have some Worth Clears and Browns, as well as some Oasis Brights and Warms to play with. Previous owners of this very uke suggested Worth or Oasis, so I figured I'd start there. If you have a recommendation, I'm all ears!
    Mark
    Kamaka HF-2L Longneck Concert
    Kanile'a Custom Super Soprano

Thread Information