Romero Concert

Tomthebaptist

Reaction score
I’m looking forward to receiving one of four Romero Creations Concert Hogs 2019 NAMM ukuleles. Just got word today from my good friend, Mike McQueen of Uke Rpublic, that it came in today and that he will be shipping it out to me tomorrow.

They're here? Can't wait to hear about it.

Congratulations, very smart move to get one right away! Let us know how you like it when you have it.

Congratulations, very smart move to get one right away! Let us know how you like it when you have it.

Will do. A month or so ago I swore to everyone on UU that I would not buy another ukulele. Well, just so you know, I had my fingers crossed. ETA Monday afternoon. I will take pics and give you an update. Mike did a video review of instrument on UR Facebook.

Tom

A month or so ago I swore to everyone on UU that I would not buy another ukulele. Well, just so you know, I had my fingers crossed.

Tom

LOL. I've told myself that, too, and turns out I wasn't quite accurate.

Enjoy that new ukulele! Look forward to hearing about it, especially since it's a concert, my size of choice.

I received perhaps the first Romero Concerts made. I’m told that only three were made for 2019 winter NAMM show. Construction is imaculate, advertised as solid mahogany but looks like Sapele to me. Doesn’t mattter the sound is amazing. Beautiful headstock overlayed with Ebony. It has Ebony tuner buttons, ebony fret board and bridge. The set up is perfect, IMO. The tone is rich, balanced, intonation spot on all the way us fretboard. Build quality is equal if not surpasses higher end instruments costing hundreds of dollars more. When I get a chance I will post pictures and sound sample.

Tom

[Mostly of] glad you like it. Was entertaining dreams of you hating it and moving it on. But glad it's what you hoped for. How is the neck? Is it slim, like the TT?

[Mostly of] glad you like it. Was entertaining dreams of you hating it and moving it on. But glad it's what you hoped for. How is the neck? Is it slim, like the TT?

Give me a couple of days to think on it. Yes, the neck is slim like the TT

Does it fit into a concert hard case? Or a tenor hard case? Or any hard case?

Good for you! I hope you'll let us see pics of it. If it's as good as a Tiny Tenor, it's gonna be awesome!

Top Bottom