Need Ubass string change help

oldpoidog

Reaction score
Trying something new. Changing from Pahoehoe to Round Wound strings on my acoustic ubass. (UBass silver plated round wounds). I’ve seen the Ubass video where they wind the whole length of each string onto each tuner. In the end, each tuner post has a lot of windings. Do any of you cut the strings prior to winding so that you do not end up with a glob of windings on each tuning post. Those of you who cut your strings, is there a preferred length that you go by for each string?
Thank you Brothers and Sisters.🎼

First, I tried those round wounds along with the other bass uke player in my group and in both cases we couldn't prevent the strings from "farting," making rattling noises all the time. To answer your question, I will leave a good amount out past the post, but with enough slack to get about 4 winds on the post. Once it's secure, I snip off the excess.

9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 8 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 33)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video

Top Bottom