Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Season 365 - Aloha!

Oh yeah, this just keeps getting better and better! I’ll be out of touch for a while. See you in Hawai’i!
    Randy - Harry122

Aloha kakou!

I haven't been keeping an eye on the Seasons for a while, but a friend alerted me to this round on Friday, and given I've been playing Hawaiian Slack Key for a few years, I figured it was time to bust out the guitalele and have a crack at recording a slack key tune especially for this round.

This is Hapuna Sunset, which was originally recorded by Charles Michael Brotman, and appeared on the soundtrack to the movie, The Descendents.

Please forgive my playing; it's been a while since I played this tune, and my playing's a little rough in a few places. It comes across OK though, for the most part.

Amusingly enough, this entry comes only a few days past the first anniversary of my Seasons debut, in Season 313.
    Kala ATP-CTG-CE Tenor
    Cordoba Mini M Guitalele
    Hulala H02 Concert

Here's a lovely one from my favorite Hawaiian songbook that I've come across so far, Charles Hopkins' 1901 Aloha Collection of Hawaiian Songs with arrangements by Ernest Ka'ai.

Have a great time, Randy! (And please forgive my awful pronunciation.)
    -Ralf Youtz

My videos are here.

The future is unwritten.

I would upload Hene Hene Kou Aka if only the internet and phone would cooperate! Have fun on vacation!

We’re on Maui, and for the first time was here for “midnight, Hawaii time!” Great week everyone. Thank you so much, sincerely. It means a lot to me.

Wrap-up and prizes forthcoming.

Have fun, Randy!
    "Don't walk in front of me .. I may not follow.
    Don't walk behind me ... I may not lead.
    Walk beside me ... just be my friend."
    Albert Camus

Just make sure, if you're sending out, or planning to come home with, any 'Maui' souvenirs, that you can get them through customs/conform with applicable state laws ;-)
    Argapa custom piccolo | Argapa custom resonator soprano | Rob Collins custom soprano | Kavanagh custom concert | Ashton sop. | Clearwater SB electric concert | Kala PU-SSTU travel sopranissimo | Kala PU-SMH sopranissimo | Kala SSTU-BP soprano | Kala C/MU concert "The Mighty Uke"! | Kala SSTU-C concert | Kala SSTU-T tenor | Korala UKS-310 sop | Harley Benton BCJ100-FMH SB electric baritone | Lanikai S-B Baritone | Clearwater "long neck" baritone | Maholo sop. | Tiny Tangi

Too Drunk To Pluck

Better late than never. A song about Beamer riding the trolley with a girlfriend who was a bit nervous about it until Beamer and his friends said “You don’t want to miss Auntie’s beef stew!!”.

You guys might want to get some beef stew too! Hoping y’all have a grand time! In Hawaiian that’s...

I kekahi manawa nui
    Last edited by bonesigh; 02-18-2019 at 01:51 PM.

Thread Information