Not quite the cigar...lol

S11LKO

Reaction score
My band of oldies...

We call ourselves 'GRR' - Geriatric Recycled Rockers lol

This lady's just started learning guitar and has always wanted to play and sing (preferably backing vocals she says) but has no one to do it with.
So our 'lead guitarist' (cap on, back to camera) invited her along to our practice last night. We didn't mind, we only get together for a bit of fun anyway, but she was quite nervous so I thought we'd start with something a bit simpler for her until she relaxed a bit. She had a lot of fun in the end and that's what it should all be about.

Mind you, my boys looked as miserable as sin and I don't know what our aforementioned 'lead guitarist' was playing. A lot of the time it didn't appear to be what the rest of us were! lol

Anyway, the following, just for a laugh...

Looks like you're having fun there Dave....... your vocals sound good to me even in that environment.........very Paul McCartney. You have a lot of talent in the Vox department.
Also a very nice Strat you are playing!
keep the music coming.
Mike

Looks like you're having fun there Dave....... your vocals sound good to me even in that environment.........very Paul McCartney. You have a lot of talent in the Vox department.
Also a very nice Strat you are playing!
keep the music coming.
Mike

Thanks so much for your continued encouragement Mike. The Strat is the most expensive instrument I own (my baby grand piano which took me 40 years to be able to afford to buy aside) and I love her. I’m always searching for people to make music of all types with, and this motley crew are the only ones stupid enough to play with me. No one else seems to want to. lol

I went away for a couple of days and when I came back I found our lead guitarist featured in the above video had had enough and had walked. Personally, I think he's just frustrated and angry with himself that he couldn't get it together that night. I've told him we ALL have occasions like that, but he's adamant.

The rest of the band are now not sure if they want to carry on; except for me and the drummer.

I've never been in a 'band' before this venture, so I have no experience of it, but friends that HAVE been in bands tell me that such things are commonplace - disputes over what to play and how to play it, internal politics, being able to get everyone together for practices on dates that everyone is happy with, etc., etc., etc.
I thought this was supposed to be fun??? lol

Oh well...back to sitting alone with my trusted acoustics and ukes. At least THEY still love me! lolol

Hi Dave,

Sorry to hear about the departure of your lead gutarist. Although you might not think so, it might be a blessing in disguise because a lead gutarist should be one of the best musicians in the band & if he can't handle a bad night, you are better off without him.

I'd say just be patient & you may find another lead guitarist or maybe you could give it a try.

Regards,
Keith

...if he can't handle a bad night, you are better off without him.

I'd say just be patient & you may find another lead guitarist or maybe you could give it a try. Regards,
Keith

To be honest he's been struggling for a while Keith...and we are only playing songs that HE chose and wanted to play. I've never actually played lead (far too skilled a job for me! lol) so I may struggle too, but I'll have to have a bash I suppose. It'll be an interesting learning curve at the very least.
Thanks for responding and your interest my friend. X

Top Bottom