WTB: 60's Kamaka Tenor

lono

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Interested in buying a 60's Kamaka tenor with the sail headstock and bridge pins. Must be crack free and no repairs. Figure in the koa is a plus. Thanks

These one are pretty hard to come by. I was fortunate enough to get mine recently after searching for awhile. Have you seen the one of reverb? its in pretty good shape and nice wood.

I have seen the one on Reverb. The last two I've seen on eBay that had no cracks went for less.

Aloha,

Ok I just figured I would point it out. And I purchased one of the ebay ones. I thought it was kinda funny how they both went up for auction around the same time, and were both the more rare gumbi headstock instead of the sail head. Well good luck in your search I will keep you posted if I find one!

Thanks. I've seen references to Gumby and sail headstocks but I assumed they were the same. Basically I'm looking for a bridge pin Kamaka with the asymmetrical headstock.

I've had a few of them, most are the wide fretboard, but I have a very rare narrow fretboard which is in mint condition

Thats Awesome! Mine also has a narrow fretboard. What headstock stye does yours have?

Last bump. I will update this thread accordingly if I find one otherwise assume I'm still looking

Top Bottom