Bésame Mucho - Ukulele Solo

MikeHollandGuitar

Reaction score

"Bésame Mucho" ("Kiss me a lot") is a song written in 1940 by Mexican songwriter Consuelo Velázquez] A famous version is sung by Trio Los Panchos.
It is one of the most famous boleros, and was recognized in 1999 as the most sung and recorded Mexican song in the world.
It is also one of the songs the Beatles performed at their ill-fated audition at Decca in 1962.
Played on an Ohana TK35G with low G tuning.
I hope you all enjoy!
Mike

Really lovely, Mike. Great playing (as always). I have an Ohana TK-35CG and was wondering ... what type of string are you using for your low G? I really like the sound of it.
Jan D.

I saw this video on your YouTube channel previously, loved it then. I found the video here today and loved it even more. I even tried the tab you so generously provided...way above my level.

Beautiful !! And your ukulele has really precise intonation further up the register too! Just one question Mike, are both your G and C strings of the "wound" variety, or just the low G? Thanks!

As I said elsewhere, spectacular playing Mike. Great music deserves better than the disappointing lack of response on this forum. Oh well.
Thank you for your kind words and support Laurence. I really appreciate it. This is a mixed ukulele forum and members are on here for totally different reasons. However I do sometimes think was it really worth all that effort and work to post a video and get just an odd view or comment. I suppose the answer is yes.........I like to play and YouTube is my only creative outlet at the moment because I am not playing in public like I used to do! I think it makes me feel as if I am still playing in public...............just a little:)

Really lovely, Mike. Great playing (as always). I have an Ohana TK-35CG and was wondering ... what type of string are you using for your low G? I really like the sound of it.
Jan D.
Hi Jan. The low G is a Fremont soloist low G. I highly recommend this string. It is finished smooth and seems to blend in with the other strings. I think it is great!

I saw this video on your YouTube channel previously, loved it then. I found the video here today and loved it even more. I even tried the tab you so generously provided...way above my level.
Hi Joseph. Thanks again for your kind comments. I hope you are having fun with the tabs!

Mike

Beautiful !! And your ukulele has really precise intonation further up the register too! Just one question Mike, are both your G and C strings of the "wound" variety, or just the low G? Thanks!

Hi Bill, It is just the low G that is wound. It is a Fremont soloist and it is a flatwound string. Highly recommended. The C is just a standard C from the Aquila nylgut set that make up the rest of the strings!

Mike

That was beautiful, Mike. Great playing, and I agree with Bill Sheehan about the sound of your instrument far up the neck. Those high notes sounded just as strong and just as "in-tune" as the lower register. Thanks for posting this.

On a technical note, may I ask what device you used to record it and edit the video with?

Last edited:
That was beautiful, Mike. Great playing, and I agree with Bill Sheehan about the sound of your instrument far up the neck. Those high notes sounded just as strong and just as "in-tune" as the lower register. Thanks for posting this.

On a technical note, may I ask what device you used to record it and edit the video with?

Hi John boy, The Aquila Nylgut strings add something to the sound. You can push the string a little bit harder and they seem to react with a rich robust sound.
Q3HD_front-rear.jpg
I record the Audio and video with an old Zoom Q3HD. The video is showing its age now but the audio quality is excellent. There is a very basic editing software that comes with the camera that allows you to trim the video, proces the audio and add a little reverb.

Mike

Wow! Just Wow! Respect my man!

Top Bottom