Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Season 366 - House of Mouse

Quick and dirty, but I got it under the wire! Written by Carl Stalling and Walt Disney himself, this first appeared in the cartoon, “Mickey’s Follies” in 1929. Sorry about the wind!

Randy - Harry122

Nobody has done this one yet, and it just had to be done for this season. Sorry about the poor quality. I've been a bit busy this week. Also, this is a terrible message for children.

Just getting in under the wire with this one. I used to play this on the guitar. I’ve adapted it for uke from Jerry Silverman’s arrangement in a book I own called Disney Movie Hits For Guitar. Great film this. This was a period when Disney were putting out some real corkers, Aladdin, The Lion King and this. They remade this recently with Hermione Granger playing the role of Belle . It’s a fine film, but basically a live action rerun and to me, ever so slightly pointless. There is something of the animated version that they just couldn’t capture.

Righto. Season has been closed for some time now.

Thank you all for participating. We got a brilliant cross-section of Disney music throughout the years, and some wonderful reimagining of some classics, Rob and Flatbaroque in particular. And you guys spoiled me right up till closing time which I really appreciate.

Hope you all had as much fun as me, and looking forward to seeing what you all bring for Linda's season.

Oh and make sure you listen to Janet's song! It's not on the playlist as it's on SoundCloud but it's a beautiful bit of playing
    "Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

"But I heard voices, Not in the head, out in the air, they called to me. Through record speakers, through thick and thin, they found a shelter, beneath my skin"

"I can't rock around the tree unless you rock around with me"

I loved hearing the wide selection of songs, Ryan. Fantastic call on the theme and terrific hosting. Thank you, Ryan!

Sorry I couldn't make it. I was looking at a cover of 'Portobello Rd', but couldn't work it up in time. Looking to listening to what everyone's done.
    Argapa custom piccolo | Argapa custom resonator soprano | Rob Collins custom soprano | Kavanagh custom concert | Ashton soprano | Clearwater SB electric concert | Kala PU-SMH sopranissimo | Kala SSTU-BP soprano | Kala C/MU concert "The Mighty Uke"! | Kala SSTU-C concert | Kala SSTU-T tenor | Korala UKS-310 sop | Harley Benton BCJ100-FMH SB electric baritone | Lanikai S-B Baritone | Clearwater "long neck" baritone | Tiny Tangi

Too Drunk To Pluck

Greetings,

Thanks for a great week Ryan. I made some time to listen to the vids. Awesome as always.

Thanks again for taking the time!

Ciao
    " Why am I here why do I care, what do I hope to find? Nothing here can save me from the memories in my mind” GSC

Thanks for the week's theme. This was so much fun.

Many thanks for the week, Ryan!
    "The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." George Bernard Shaw

"Just remember, if we get caught ... you're deaf and I don't speak English."

Thread Information