Season 366 - House of Mouse

Greetings,

This is my favorite Disney movie and song, and I reached back into a small slice of my heritage for this selection from Pocahontas. the song is "Colors of the Wind", stripped bare and sung and played with my phone, a uke, and a pure love for this song.
Lately I have hated my productions, so I am going back to what I love - just me and the uke.

Ciao

I did all the key changes, so it gets a little high at the end. But don't worry, I didn't attempt a terrible fake cockney accent.

P.S. The little whistle bit that I tacked on to the end is the tune Mickey whistled in "Steamboat Willie."

Last edited:
Great day 1! We have three Mary Poppins and two Jungle Book, unsurprising considering how good those soundtracks are. Keep it coming!

My original this week is a tribute to my very first true crush... which lasted years.... Hayley Mills....

Hope you like:

Hi, Ryan! Well, this song is not from "Mary Poppins" or "The Jungle Book", but from "The Lady And The Tramp". (I am a bit out of touch with Disney songs, but hope to come up with at least one more ... and I hope that Nathan will enjoy this week!)

Nice theme.
My favourite Disney song is anything from Alladin - but I have already tried those songs and failed so I am going to google Disney Princesses Facts and try and write a song.

The Sword in the Stone is one of my most favorite Disney animated movies, mostly because the character design was done by Bill Peet (Who was an animator, but primarily was a story developer). After a personal break with Walt Disney (the man) over production of The Jungle Book, Peet went on to illustrate a bunch of children’s books, which were among my favorites when I was little. He’s also one of the reasons I wanted to be an animator when I was younger. Unfortunately computers were taking over from traditional cel animation (thanks Toy Story) and I missed the boat.

Anyway, here’s a lesson song sung by Merlin to a young Arthur after he, Merlin, transformed them both into fish. This one was also written by the Sherman Bro.s

I have always loved the scene with the crows from Dumbo.
The original lead crow was voiced by ukulele hero, Cliff Edwards, so we are in good company, despite the fact that this scene gets panned as being racist.
I guess that may be so, but the younger me didn't think that way, and I love it the same as when I was a kid.
I am grateful that I got a chance to try and work out the chords to this number and sing it, because Cliff Edwards' performance was so great, it was a real hoot, no CAW!, to do this.

Adding to the Jungle Book wave, here's another rendition. I seem to be fighting a cold, so my voice got super-raspy on this take, but it works for the song, so I kept it.

Ahoy everybody.
I have had problems with Disney songs in the past so I decided to try my hand at writing a song about Disney princesses.
I have written many snippets of songs but never actually completed one, so I am glad that I managed to do that.
I spent a few hours yesterday and today googling Disney princesses and Disney facts and such and this is the result.

Even though I wrote the song in English I added subtitles so you can follow along with the facts.
I hope you enjoy this and perhaps you may learn something that you did not know before.

At this time last year, I recorded a track-by-track cover of Alex Lahey’s debut album, I Love You Like a Brother. I went to NYC and gave her a cassette copy of the covers album in August, and I watched Dumbo on the train back to Boston. When I got home, I wrote this song. Since Alex released a new single today, and since I’m recording an EP in a few weeks, I thought this was a good season to revive it!

Here's an original about a Disney lady who I was always quite attracted to. I added some electric uke to this one.

Where did she come from?
Where did she go?
With a flower in her hat and her smile all aglow
Where did she come from?
Where did she go?
Only the birds and the wild winds know

I thought we were only going out for a walk
On the pavement a man was drawing pictures with chalk
With a nod of her head, we stepped into the frame
Of a sudden we were playing a mysterious game

And we rode on a carousel
How the horses broke free I could never tell
But we rode our magic stallions through all the day
Until the rain started falling and washed the pictures all away

Well, all the chimney sweeps know her by name
They like to join right in with her strange little games
They say a sweep is as lucky as lucky can be
But I don't think anyone was as lucky as me

When she came everything changed
All the problems in my life she rearranged
She always made us smile, taught us to play
And while we were laughing, we never noticed her drifting away

When I think of Disney, this is the first song that pops in my head, but I have no earthly clue if it's ever been in a Disney movie or not. lol Just a quick work up and take here, from my head, no looking up lyrics or anything, on the sopranino, naturally....

Top Bottom