Season 366 - House of Mouse

Haven’t played much at all over the last couple of weeks and I’m not entirely sure why. Anyway, Lynda’s efforts to persuade me to pick up a uke and play have finally paid off here, so big thanks to her for the encouragement! :)

I had an LP of Disney songs as a kid even though I don’t remember seeing many of the films, and this was one of my favourites. Another very rare (for me) one-taker!

Ahoy everybody.
I have had problems with Disney songs in the past so I decided to try my hand at writing a song about Disney princesses.
I have written many snippets of songs but never actually completed one, so I am glad that I managed to do that.
I spent a few hours yesterday and today googling Disney princesses and Disney facts and such and this is the result.

Even though I wrote the song in English I added subtitles so you can follow along with the facts.
I hope you enjoy this and perhaps you may learn something that you did not know before.

My daughter was young when Mulan came out. As the father of a daughter, I loved it, because it was the first Disney cartoon where the heroine actually did something heroic. A few years ago, I catalogued the climactic "hero moves" of each of the heroines up to that point:

Snow White - asleep, saved by prince.
Sleeping Beauty - asleep, saved by prince.
Cinderella - tries on shoe.
Alice - wakes up (more than Snow or Aurora could manage).
Ariel - sells soul, saved by prince impaling witch with ship.
Belle - tells ugly guy she loves him, right after he dies.
Pocahontas - doesn't let father kill boyfriend.
Mulan - defeats invading army, saves everyone.

Last edited:
Well I'm all caught up now. Been a great week.

Linda's theme looks like a doozy, but I hope guys will bring me a few more before time is up.

Haven’t played much at all over the last couple of weeks and I’m not entirely sure why. Anyway, Lynda’s efforts to persuade me to pick up a uke and play have finally paid off here, so big thanks to her for the encouragement! :)

I had an LP of Disney songs as a kid...
you're very welcome! and.................... was it this one? my parents got this for me when i was tiny, the songs aren't sung by the original artists from the films, i believe the release date was around 1972?

610%2BMUkLQiL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

you're very welcome! and.................... was it this one? my parents got this for me when i was tiny, the songs aren't sung by the original artists from the films, i believe the release date was around 1972?

610%2BMUkLQiL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
OH MY WORD - YESSSS!!! That’s soooo weird and wonderful seeing it again! I spent so many happy hours just listening to that LP - back in the days when there were no laptops or iPads or other electronic paraphernalia to distract you from the music. That’s quite a coincidence - and weird that your hunch was so right! Wait a minute - have you been stalking me since I was 6? ;) Thanks Lynda - amazing! :)

Learn Me Right, from Disney's "Brave"

Here's Learn Me Right, by Mumford & Sons; sung by Birdy in the Disney/Pixar feature cartoon "Brave".

As most Disney cartoons it's filled with great music, and since this is the ONLY Disney cartoon based on Scotland, it even has Emma Thompson singing in Scottish Gaelic! (I didn't do that here; that's a different song.) I do love the movie though, and the Scottish princess (Merida) is a pistol; check it out if you haven't seen it.

So this is my attempt to make my fairly traditional ukulele sound like a traditional Scottish band, bagpipes and all. (Hey, I try my best.)

Marco D

OH MY WORD - YESSSS!!! That’s soooo weird and wonderful seeing it again! I spent so many happy hours just listening to that LP - back in the days when there were no laptops or iPads or other electronic paraphernalia to distract you from the music. That’s quite a coincidence - and weird that your hunch was so right! Wait a minute - have you been stalking me since I was 6? ;)
a. yes! ;) and b. also i just figured that since we're both 29 :uhoh: then chances are it might very well have been the exact same record!

Being a massive Imagine Dragons fan, I couldn't go past Zero from Wreck It Ralph 2: Ralph Breaks The Internet. I also got my cello out for embellishment!

I tried to get my daughter to do the clapping, but she was not at all in the mood this week. Instead, I've added some LEGO scenes for kid-friendly viewing (i.e. to keep her entertained while I edited).

As promised (threatened) here is some organised chaos from me and an my brood. Isaac decided that the camera work could be a bit more dynamic. I like it.

May be the perfect song for going from season 366 to 367, matching both themes ...
From "Tarzan" movie, song from Phil Collins 1999

Last edited:
I attempted to post this last night but for some reason the site thinks it’s junk mail. Let’s see what happens now..
https://soundcloud.com/janet-tolin/someday-my-prince-will-come-1
It is very slow as I only just learned it. Working out my own arrangement because looking up all the odd chords got to be a bit tedious, LOL they sure know how to write ‘em! This needs to be here though as it is Disney’s first full length movie.

Pardon the loud fish tank!

I wanted to do one of the newer Disney songs, so here's one from Moana. It was originally sung by my doppelganger Dwayne Johnson. (By the way, he played a pretty good ukulele in "Journey 2: The Mysterious Island".) The song was written by Lin-Manuel Miranda.

And here's another rendition of "You'll Be In My Heart", from Disney's "Tarzan" (in addition to Elmann's sweet take on it, above), since - hey, PHIL COLLINS! Was that a smart move on Disney's part, or what?!! LOVE this song!

Marco D

Top Bottom